Kin + Carta Connect is looking for an experienced UX consultant/designer; someone who can hit the ground running and can make an impact from day one. We’re not just looking for someone to come in and create brilliant wireframes and user journeys. We want an experienced practitioner who can lead a project forward throughout its lifecycle; from the discovery, understanding and research phases, through to defining the UX strategies, supporting the project design and build process, as well as any ongoing optimisation programmes.
It goes without saying that you should have a firm grasp of the user centered design approach, being able to identify user needs as well as understanding a client’s business needs and outlining how to get the best balance between these to deliver measurable value.
We’re looking for someone who also has experience designing digital experiences (predominantly web platforms); and can turn their research insights and vision into reality. So you should be able to work confidently alongside other designers in the creation of working prototypes (for testing and clients) as well as collaborative ways or working e.g. design systems, backlogs etc.
You will be a motivated self-starter, who feels confident working at the centre of a diverse team, in a fast-paced environment, potentially across multiple projects. Happy interacting with users and client stakeholders alike, guiding design decisions based on research and insight, under the guidance of our Design Directors.
We welcome applicants who have a number of years under their belt, in a UX role or similar. Either at an agency or in-house. This role offers an opportunity to join an established and diverse agency design team during a period of growth and development. Working on global projects for well respected client brands, and learning from an experienced team of designers, researchers and creatives who are all masters of their craft.
Skills & Experience
- Have a good understanding of the UCD process and what best practice looks like from a usability perspective.
- You have experience in conducting heuristic reviews, can identify and critique good and poor UX best practice from client sites, as well as competitor and comparator sites.
- Skilled in the creation of User Journeys, Information Architectures, and Page Wireframes.
- Creation of prototypes in software like Invision, Marvel and Sketch/Figma.
- You can facilitate moderated and unmoderated usability testing.
- You are a good communicator and comfortable presenting your work and rationale to clients.
- You understand and manage client needs/expectations and you’re able to manage your own time to meet deadlines.
- You have the confidence to be the voice of the customer while understanding the business needs that drive decision making.
- Have experience designing robust and accessible User Interfaces.