At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth; for leadership; for big, world-changing impact; and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone, starting with our Kin. We’re proud of:
Full Stack Java Engineer
Location: US Remote
Department: Software Engineering
Kin + Carta is seeking a Full Stack Java Engineer to join our Cloud Engineering Practice.
- Consulting with Fortune 500 clients in order to build enterprise-grade cloud-native applications
- Develop and maintain full-stack solutions; front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database, and DevOps development to fit business needs
- Supporting team members in order to deliver products to market in an efficient manner
- Partnering with top-notch designers to create award-winning user experiences
- Bridging the gap between elegant front-end design and existing enterprise backend architectures
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with Kubernetes
- 2+ years of experience working with or working knowledge of JDK 11+
- 2+ years of experience working with or working knowledge OOD and OOP
- 2+ years of experience working with or working knowledge of web services
- 2+ years of hands-on experience developing Java applications, APIs, and front-end/web
- Exposure to modern software practices such as TDD, CI/CD, etc. and the ability to work in a pair programming environment as needed
- The ability to work on Central Standard Time (CST) hours
- BS in Computer Science, or a related field
- Strong level knowledge of Java and Java web applications
- Strong understanding of modern Spring frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Services, etc)
- Previous experience delivering products in an Agile environment
- Experience developing enterprise applications that support high traffic volumes
- Working experience with microservice architectures
- Working experience with public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Working experience with modern web application frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS, etc)
- Certifications in Google (Associate Cloud Engineer, Professional Cloud Developer) or Pivotal (Pivotal Certified Developer Java, Spring Professional) are preferred.
- Previous exposure to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Previous consulting experience is a plus
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. We build digital solutions that connect people, data and technology for some of the world’s most influential companies. As a Certified B Corp, we are committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, and our triple bottom line focus of people, the planet and profit.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply for this role
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Kin + Carta. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.