At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
Azure Partner Architect
Location: US Remote
Department: Sales & Partnerships
We are looking for a technology-driven and detail-oriented Azure Cloud Partner Architect to join our Partnerships team and help accelerate Kin + Carta’s rapid growth. You are a passionate Azure data architect with a history of working with enterprise technologies and the cloud and leading the development effort of large-scale systems. You are ready to get hands-on if needed. You have a broad level of skills in architecting solutions, including databases, data warehouses, data lakes, analytics, machine learning, data governance, semantic layer, security, and cloud infrastructure. You’ll be joining our thought leaders and consultants focused on expanding our partnership relationships with Azure. You will operate in a fast-paced environment on a small, nimble team. In this role, you’ll support critical partnership management, expansion of our Azure footprint, and drive new innovative work across our capabilities.
- You are hungry to apply your skills in an emerging technology environment
- You are now ready to learn from our leading experts and work on some of the most cutting-edge enterprise and emerging technologies
- You are constantly looking for outlets to share knowledge, get published, and present within the IT and business community
- You have a knack for picking up new technologies quickly and the ability to apply concepts learned in other technologies and frameworks to those new platforms
- Providing pre-sales support for active opportunities that are Azure-related by providing subject matter expertise, architecture diagrams, developing proof of concepts, and other strategic activities to win new business
- Working to create technical content and deliverables for the Microsoft Partner team surrounding the priority Azure workloads that Kin + Carta is working to build; create a reference architecture that can be leveraged across clients
- Being the glue between Kin + Carta’s Azure Partner Manager and Kin + Carta’s engineering consulting staff to provide support for existing Azure projects, training & development, and certifications
- Building relationships with Microsoft Azure customer engineers and customer engineering leadership
- Creating marketing content via blogs, meetups, podcasts, and/or speaking engagements to raise our presence in the market as a thought leader on the Azure platform.
- Working with our capability leadership teams to ensure the growth of these skills is aligned along the Azure platform for AI and Data Platforms.
- As needed, billable work on specific client projects to bring subject matter expertise to the project team and conduct necessary engineering tasks in order to deliver the client outcomes
- Defining the Azure Cloud Data Architecture for both hybrid and cloud solutions. Be the go-to person for Azure Cloud Data Architecture. You should have a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to build complex solutions.
- In this role, you will often play the role of:
- Mentoring, inspiring, and leading tech leads, data engineers, and data scientists on proper development practices, patterns, and techniques.
- Advising on building technical roadmaps, defining modern enterprise architecture, and guiding teams to deliver it successfully
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 10+ years of experience in data engineering
- 5+ years of cloud technology experience
- 3+ years of Azure Cloud experience required
- Strong data engineering or data science skills to help engineers apply best practices
- A deep background in cloud-based infrastructure and data architecture is crucial
- An understanding of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns
- Experience designing and building complex and complete solutions on Azure including CI/CD, security, monitoring, and cost optimization
- 10-20% travel required
- Fun Attitude!
- 3+ years experience in data science
- Azure Certifications (Solutions Architect Expert, Data Scientist, or Data Engineer) are preferred; will be required to gain certifications after 1 year of employment
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with Synapse, Purview, Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. We build digital solutions that connect people, data and technology for some of the world’s most influential companies. As a Certified B Corp, we are committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, and our triple bottom line focus of people, the planet and profit.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply for this role
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Kin + Carta. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.