Some of your special skills and abilities you will put into practice:
- Your amazing Design Thinking to help us think out of the box.
- Your Design-Driven and User Centric focus to build our solutions with compassion for the user.
- Your ability to plan and execute User Research and extract Insights from it.
- Your ability to design a User Journey Map.
- Your understanding of three basic service moments: Before, During and After.
- Your understanding of what Touchpoints and Channels are.
- Your understanding the differences between Front stage and Back stage.
- Your knowledge of how to discover what pain points are.
- Your ability to plan and execute co-creation workshops with stakeholders.
- Your ability to use available resources to prototype services and validate ideas.
- Your ability to design a Service Blueprint and prepare it to be presented and delivered to the client.
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 2+ years of experience in software user experience design
- Outstanding written and verbal English skills.
- Empathy for end users and stakeholders, and a desire to provide excellent service.
- Experience in business operations such as talent management and forecasting, project management, utilization management, revenue management and forecasting, accounting.
- Enthusiasm for Digital Transformation, and helping users unlock the power of data and automation.
- Experience in process and service design blueprints.
- Demonstrated excellence in interactive design, information architecture, and translating research into design decisions.
- A portfolio of work proving your visual design ability with platform guidelines (e.g., Salesforce, iOS, Android) and responsive web design.
- Proficient in design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Proto.io and Adobe products.
- Experienced in Agile, lean, or other iterative product development approaches (Design Sprints, Scrum, Kanban).
- Confident in presenting work and articulating user experience issues and concerns to team members and stakeholders.
- A compassionate mindset of ethical, inclusive human-centered design.
- A commitment to designing for accessibility.
- A bachelor’s degree in art, design, or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Experience in consulting.
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.