At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
Americas Information Security Officer
Location: US Remote
The ideal Americas Information Security Officer for Kin + Carta is innovative, passionate about global information security with both policy and technical experience. This person looks to continually learn, and enjoys sharing expertise. Strong verbal and written communication are a must. Experience working with HITRUST, or Nessus is a plus.
- Pursue infosec excellence for the region with the continuous development and management of K+C InfoSec standards to ensure compliance for HITRUST, PCI-DSS, ISO 27001 and other required controls.
- Perform internal audits on information security in line with international standards, which includes but not restricted to HITRUST
- Security assess new and current suppliers - plan, organize and review Digital implementations, tools, APIs and platforms.
- Support the completion of stakeholder infoSec schedules for RFPs, MSAs, delivery and project teams, by resolving project queries and approval of security requirements
- Contribute to the InfoSec Risk Register and collaborate on treatment of risks tailored to the needs of the region. Manage and track mitigations, remediations and compensating controls.
- Completing Information Security assessments from external parties in a timely manner
- Contribute to the performance and improvement of the ISMS
- Establish and review monitoring and logging process and standards
- Designing, delivering and monitoring InfoSec training and awareness
- Reviewer and approver of ISMS documentation
- Collaborate with K+C and CDS, providing information security consultancy, strategy and implementation planning along with the prioritization of the highest impact projects
- Joint responsibility with the Digital Defense team for all BAU tickets and tasks and recording time and tag allocation.
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Experience in a security role with the emphasis on risk, policy and governance
- ISMS Documentation Development
- A working understanding of security frameworks or methodologies, HITRUST and/or ISO27001, NIST, CIS
- Exposure to Enterprise Security tools AV, Vulnerability, IAM, SSO.
- Continuous improvement with activities that stretch you beyond your job role, an opportunist who finds the positive side of a challenge.
- Critical thinking skills with a mindset that considers solutions prior to presenting challenges
- BS in Computer Science, or a related field
- Certified CSF Practitioner or training towards
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified Cybersecurity
- CISSP, CISM or equivalent training
- Experience working with international security standards
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 2,000 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their authentic selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply for this role
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Kin + Carta. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.