The ideal Assistant Controller at Kin + Carta is innovative, passionate about excellence, gives equal importance to speed and accuracy, looks to continually learn, and enjoys sharing expertise. Strong verbal and written communication are a must. Experience working in an agile startup environment, with structured and emerging processes is a plus.
- Manage the monthly and annual close process
- Ensure that financial records & reports are maintained in compliance with company policies & GAAP (accrual basis)
- Oversee and review monthly account reconciliations
- Analyze monthly operating results to ensure maintenance of accurate accounting records
- Coordinate work relating to audits in the review of the company financial records
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax returns with independent CPA firm including preparation of supporting workpapers
- Support the accounting requirements for operating entities
- Assist in oversight of payroll, AR and AP functions
- Management of accounting staff in a remote and/or nearshore location(s)
- Work with parent company in the UK, to ensure proper compliance with group accounting and internal control policies
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
- Oversight of internal auditing around areas of high risk
- Implement new processes and be the Finance SME in implementation of financial systems
- Assist with integration of acquisitions
- Prepare and oversee audit documentation including revenue recognition memos and accounting policies
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years in an equivalent position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Strong technical accounting skills
- A proven track record in accounting and a desire to bring best practices to a rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience working with and managing people remotely and internationally
- Excellent computer skills; primarily with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with cloud based accounting systems such as NetSuite and Financial Force
- C.P.A. certification
- Experience working in an IT / Consulting firm
Comprehensive Offer Package:
- This is a full-time, salaried position. We are able to offer a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Vision, Dental, Unlimited PTO, 401K with matching, employee stock purchasing plan, bonuses, free yoga classes amongst additional perks! The salary range for this role is $110K-$130K, based on experience.
- This position is currently remote, though we do foresee returning to the office on a hybrid/ flex basis in the near future.
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.