Kin + Carta is looking for a Full Stack Automation Test Engineer to consult clients through every stage of the SDLC and STLC and to modernize the way our clients approach quality. The ideal Full Stack Automation Test Engineer for Kin + Carta is innovative, passionate about testing with strong automation experience, looks to continually learn, and enjoys sharing expertise. Strong verbal and written communication is a must. Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment, or in a consulting capacity is also a must.
Full Stack Automation Test Engineer
Department: Product Quality
- Being a champion for quality best practices and industry trends
- Managing expectations and providing guidance for client stakeholders
- Building trust and strengthening relationships with client contacts
- Developing automated test scripts, test plans, and test cases
- Executing automated test plans
- Maintaining and executing existing automation scripts
- Participating in functional testing
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the client solution and deliverables
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 1+ years of experience writing automated tests or developing features including but not limited to writing and executing web application automated tests and automated API tests
- 1+ years of experience building front-end automation tests using Selenium or Cypress
- 1+ years of experience building automated tests for APIs (Rest Assured or GraphQL)
- 1+ years of experience coding in Java
- Proven record of developing strong, positive relationships with the software development team and clients, especially developers and business analysts
- Proficiency with one of the following web services tools: Postman or RestSharp
- Experience writing tests in Espresso or XCUITests
- Experience writing tests for mobile applications using Appium
- Good understanding of, XML, JSON structures
- Experience working with clients and fostering strong relationships
- Experience maintaining and adjusting CI/CD testing pipelines
- Experience testing in containers on AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Intermediate level SQL language expertise
- Experience working with NO-SQL databases like MongoDB or Dynamo
- Highly motivated self-starter, a team player who works well on cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical skills and ability to portray information in a logical and well-organized manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Hard work deserves big rewards. Joining us means you’ll be able to enjoy a wide range of benefits aimed at mind, body, spirit and enhancing your career.
Apply for this role
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Kin + Carta. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.