Advantages of headless
- Faster innovation: Frontend and backend services can be worked on and deployed separately, allowing your teams to work more efficiently.
- Greater flexibility: A decoupled storefront is designed to be highly flexible, so you can create a perfectly tailored storefront to your specific business needs.
- Reduced risk: A decoupled storefront allows you to choose your own implementation partners and tech stack, which ensures you are not locked into a proprietary vendor solution.
- Domain-driven design: Besides re-implementing legacy features, new functionality is only implemented in the new architecture and environment. Eventually, the “switch is flipped,” and the new platform takes over for the legacy platform.
- Parallel adoption: All features are duplicated across both architectures/environments, and eventually, when feature parity is achieved, the “switch is flipped” to use the new frontend platform.
- Strangler pattern: A router, or facade layer, decides whether to serve the page (or part of a page) from the new solution or the legacy solution. You can still use Legacy functionality while the new solution is built out.
The extinction of SAP Commerce Accelerators presents a unique opportunity to catapult your commerce strategy forward, and Kin + Carta has best-in-class digital and commerce experts to help. Get in touch to discuss your current commerce experience, infrastructure, and options for navigating the deprecation of SAP Accelerator Storefronts during a 90-minute SAP workshop and evaluation.