About Kin + Carta Create (Europe):
At Kin + Carta Create we believe growth is built, not theorised. We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences your customers will love and technologies your business will thrive on.
Our approach is simple: Accelerate idea-to-value by striking the ideal balance of human-centred design, Agile engineering and the realities of affecting change at scale. Including new product development, service design and cloud modernisation, we take a hands-on approach to transforming our clients’ business. We’re headquartered in London and have delivery offices in Chicago, New York, Edinburgh, Amsterdam and Buenos Aires.
The Senior GCP (Cloud) Infrastructure Engineer role in a nutshell:
Kin + Carta is looking for a Senior GCP Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with a DevOps background to join our growing Cloud team. You will use your extensive experience working on distributed systems and GCP to help build systems that are operable, scalable and reliable. This is a new position at Kin + Carta, as we aim to expand our innovative Cloud solutions, and you’ll be helping to build out our Cloud delivery and DevOps capability, and a desire to learn is a must.
What you can expect:
- You’ll be working with the GCP Cloud architects on the architecture and design of GCP solutions.
- You’ll be responsible for the delivery of GCP solutions.
- You will fulfil the role of a subject matter expert in GCP, supporting others in their development and growth.
- You’ll work with the Leads to assist in the definition of the Product and Cloud Strategy.
- You will provide analytical skills into understanding and communicating design specifications to facilitate technical development including the creation of both high-level architecture and detailed design documentation (including impact estimation).
- You’ll support the development teams in delivery and ensure solution understanding.
- You will assist in the identification of root causes and fixes for major incidents where required.
The type of person we’d love to meet:
- Prior experience working at a Google Cloud Partner preferred
- 3+ years experience as a System Administrator, Infrastructure Engineer, or similar with operational service experience in GCP
- 3+ years client facing experience in the migration of infrastructure workloads to GCP or in successfully implementing enterprise solutions in GCP using a vast range of Cloud technologies
- You’ll have an understanding of challenges and consideration to migrate workloads from on premise to GCP
- You’ll have appreciation of the optimisation of workloads.
- You will be experienced supporting on prem infrastructure (VMWare ESXi, Cisco/Meraki Switching, Storage Solutions being some examples)
- You will have experience with configuration/cluster management technologies including Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker
- You’ll have solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (Google Cloud Monitoring)
- You will understand Cloud Security fundamentals, covering cloud security concepts, access control, data encryption and network security, WAF, IAM etc.
- Experience in at least one common programming language (.NET, Node.js, PHP, Java, Python, Ruby, or Go
- Experience in scripting (gcloud CLI, Cloud SDK etc.)
Kin + Carta Create believes in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is just a part of who we are. We empower every individual to share what matters to them, subsequently creating a culture where every person, regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status, is treated as a valued member of Kin+Carta!