About Kin + Carta (Europe):
At Kin + Carta we believe growth is built, not theorised. We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences your customers will love and technologies your business will thrive on.
Our approach is simple: Accelerate idea-to-value by striking the ideal balance of human-centred design, Agile engineering and the realities of affecting change at scale. Including new product development, service design and cloud modernisation, we take a hands-on approach to transforming our clients’ business.
The Senior Engineer role in a nutshell:
As a Senior Engineer, you'll be at the heart of any project you work on. You’ll have a specialism in Back-End technologies but use much broader technical experience to help steer your project team. You may bring a unique depth of knowledge in a specific topic, or you may have a breadth of expertise across many aspects of software development.
You will help define how some of the world’s biggest organisations use technology to drive their businesses. You’ll share your passion and experience with those around you, allowing and encouraging your less experienced teammates to step up.
At a senior level, your remit reaches beyond your project. Teammates in our internal Back-End/Data community will naturally look to you for on-the-job coaching and broader career advice. Your success will be largely based on the success of those you influence.
At Kin + Carta Create, you will become a great leader in your field. You’ll be encouraged to work with others to shape K+C Create’s product proposition for new clients and grow our in-house team of engineering experts.
As one of our first Engineering hires in Greece, we would be looking to you to help set us up for success in the region, establishing ways of working with distributed delivery teams, creating a culture of technical excellence and helping to build a community of like minded engineers across regions.
What you can expect:
- You’ll join our growing team of 120+ software engineers across Europe who all share your passion for building great products
- You’ll benefit from knowledge sharing sessions across the business, such as the Web and Back-End team’s weekly meeting
- You’ll build market-leading products, typically within a team of 5-8 other engineers
- You’ll help shape your product’s roadmap by taking part in all aspects of project planning and delivery
- You’ll contribute to our continued growth by helping identify and interview great new teammates
The type of person we would love to meet:
- You have demonstrable experience of building and operating backend APIs and microservices or serverless architectures
- You have Experience delivering software solutions in at least one modern programming language and frameworks such as .Net Core, Java/Kotlin + Spring, Typescript/Node.js etc.
- You also have a solid understanding of common architecture patterns such as, integration patterns, networking, serverless, event based architectures, service mesh, as well as source control and testing frameworks
- You have experience utilising the capabilities of at least one cloud service provider to build a solution on top of their services.
- You will be open to expanding your knowledge to new technologies, frameworks and languages
- You will be able to take a holistic view of your project as a whole, understanding the challenges faced by teammates within and outside of the Back-End stream and using your experience to offer guidance
- You are excited about the opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
- You seek opportunities to share your knowledge and experience with others.
- You are committed to writing high quality, testable code.
- You enjoy collaborating as an Agile team.
- You are comfortable reviewing other people’s work and suggesting improvements.
- You are eager to contribute to K+C Create’s Engineering culture and take advantage of what’s on offer.
Kin + Carta Create believes in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is just a part of who we are. We empower every individual to share what matters to them, subsequently creating a culture where every person, regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status, is treated as a valued member of K + C!