About Kin + Carta Create (Europe):
At Kin + Carta Create we believe growth is built, not theorised. We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences your customers will love and technologies your business will thrive on.
Our approach is simple: Accelerate idea-to-value by striking the ideal balance of human-centred design, Agile engineering and the realities of affecting change at scale. Including new product development, service design and cloud modernisation, we take a hands-on approach to transforming our clients’ business. We’re headquartered in London and have delivery offices in Chicago, New York, Edinburgh, Amsterdam and Buenos Aires.
The Senior Web Engineer role in a nutshell:
As a Senior Engineer, you'll be at the heart of any project you work on. You’ll have a specialism in Web technologies but use much broader technical experience to help steer your project team. You may bring a unique depth of knowledge in a specific topic, or you may have a breadth of expertise across many aspects of software development.
You will help define how some of the world’s biggest organisations use technology to drive their businesses. You’ll share your passion and experience with those around you, allowing and encouraging your less experienced teammates to step up.
At a senior level, your remit reaches beyond your project. Teammates in our internal Web community will naturally look to you for on-the-job coaching and broader career advice. Your success will be largely based on the success of those you influence.
At Kin + Carta Create, you will become a great leader in your field. You’ll be encouraged to work with others to shape our product proposition for new clients and grow our in-house team of engineering experts.
What you can expect:
- You’ll join our growing team of 20+ software engineers who all share your passion for building great products
- You’ll benefit from knowledge sharing sessions across the business, such as the Web and Back-End team’s weekly meeting
- You’ll build market-leading products, working closely with our clients in agile teams
- Your day-to-day interactions may range from working as part of a small focused squad to sitting within a much larger cross-functional engineering team
- You’ll help shape your product’s roadmap by taking part in all aspects of project planning and delivery
- You’ll contribute to our continued growth by helping identify and interview great new teammates
The type of person we would love to meet:
- You have commercial experience working with one or more of the major web application frameworks, preferably React or Vue
- You will have a solid demonstrable experience of writing webapps and of managing application state
- You’ll have a strong understanding of common architectural patterns (such as MVC, Redux), managing side effects and common frameworks and networking
- You have extensive experience with source control, package managers and testing frameworks
- You have a strong understanding of SOLID principles, continuous integration and setting up of a CI environment, common authentication patterns and browser security
- You are excited about the opportunity to work on a variety of projects
- You seek opportunities to share your knowledge and experience with others
- You are committed to writing high quality, testable code
- You enjoy collaborating as an Agile team
- You are comfortable reviewing other people’s work and suggesting improvements
- You are eager to contribute to Kin + Carta Create’s Engineering culture and take advantage of what’s on offer
Kin + Carta Create believes in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is just a part of who we are. We empower every individual to share what matters to them, subsequently creating a culture where every person, regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status, is treated as a valued member of Kin + Carta!