At Kin + Carta Create we believe growth is built, not theorised. We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences your customers will love and technologies your business will thrive on.
Our approach is simple: Accelerate idea-to-value by striking the ideal balance of human-centred design, Agile engineering and the realities of affecting change at scale. Including new product development, service design and cloud modernisation, we take a hands-on approach to transforming our clients’ business. We’re headquartered in London and have delivery offices in Chicago, New York, Edinburgh, Amsterdam and Buenos Aires.
Our ambition is to create a diverse, nurturing environment that allows every member of our team to express themselves through the creative work that they do.
About the Lead Experience Designer role:
As a Lead Experience Designer you will provide guidance to teams and push all our designers to produce work of exceptional quality that they are proud of. You'll be ambitious and passionate about the research and design roles in product development. You’ll shape our approach by strategically developing and scaling the team to enable great work. Reporting to the Head of Design you will be given the autonomy, visibility and opportunity to make your mark on how we solve complex design briefs and grow the team, whilst also remaining hands-on across projects at Kin + Carta.
As a Lead Experience Designer at Kin + Carta you:
- Are master of your craft, enabling the team to deliver on challenges that are new to them.
- Are the gatekeeper for the quality of the work and research produced by the Design team. Set the agenda and drive cadence for the whole team.
- Coach other designers and researchers to rapidly progress their careers and contribution to Kin + Carta.
- Help plan the careers of team members, and aid individuals to reach senior level faster than they thought possible.
- Set the strategic agenda of the Design team with the Head of Design and other leads.
- Consistently hold others on product teams to Kin + Carta standards.
- Bring others on the journey to establish new and innovative ways of working
- Look at the bigger picture to give client and customer context for design decisions.
- Can autonomously run the Design team's contribution to a pitch.
- Understand the needs of the live products, matching them with the right Design team skills.
- Use past experience and client knowledge to spot and resolve problems and blockers.
- You are a key point of escalation for major product issues.
- Take on challenging conversations and situations to ensure the best possible product.
- Are industry-leading in your craft and can use this to attract and retain talent.
- Support the team to represent Kin + Carta through their participation in talks, events and conferences.
- Drive Kin + Carta’s strategic vision within Design by shaping the team's goals.
Applying for the role:
Please share examples of your work as PDFs or online case studies with your application. We’re interested in the activities you go through as you research, test and present your thinking and conclusions. For example; use of data, interviews, workshops, sketches, concepts, flows, experience maps, prototypes etc. ‘Finished’ visual designs are not the only focus here. All supplied examples will be handled in complete confidence.
Kin + Carta Create believes in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is just a part of who we are. We empower every individual to share what matters to them, subsequently creating a culture where every person, regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status, is treated as a valued member of Kin + Carta!