About Kin + Carta
At Kin + Carta, we work with large, global businesses and organisations that require seamless end-to-end experiences that elevate their brands, products and services and put the user at its heart.
As part of the team you'll be working on products and services for some of the world’s most influential organisations. UX Researchers through to Product Designers work in dedicated teams, anyone who has worked at a startup or in a product company will feel right at home. We are involved from planning through to execution, being an advocate for the user at every step of the way. You'll help the team to make informed design decisions, placing the needs of the user and the business at the centre of every piece of work.
You’re primarily focused on user-centered design, backed by a broad knowledge of design patterns, iconography, typography and colour theory. You’re concepting and prototyping solutions in response to the problems, ideas and opportunities you help extract from users and partners. You drive your design decisions and rationalise them using research data, design principles, prototypes and the resulting user-testing insights. You’re most effective collaborating with engineers, strategists and other team members to respond to the constraints of any project.
About the role
We're looking for an experienced Senior Interaction Designer to join a multi-disciplinary agile team to help deliver rapid but great-quality experiences for users.
You’ll play an important role in working with the Design System, identifying patterns, and removing friction from the end-to-end user journey.
You'll also be encouraged and supported in contributing to our Design Practice.
Designers at Kin + Carta are:
- Are skilled at sketching and prototyping in different fidelities, building products used by people every day.
- Confident using a variety of prototyping tools.
- Are able to work quickly in an agile environment
- Client-facing, supporting the presentation of the team's latest design work.
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn.
- Collaborative and ego-free, able to give and receive feedback to and from all team members regardless of role or level.
- Experienced in Agile methodologies, and software development practices.
As an interaction Designer at Kin + Carta you:
- You’ll work in multidisciplinary teams, alongside researchers and developers, to deliver world-class, user-centered public services
- You know how to design systems for use across multiple services and can identify the simplest approach out of a variety of approaches
- Be able to prototype on paper and in HTML & CSS
- Create and iterate coded prototypes to test and communicate ideas using the GOV.UK prototyping kit
- Very familiar with the GOV.UK Design System and champion the Government design principles
- Set the design direction and good practice within your teams
- Work with user researchers and front-end developers to turn concepts into user-centered services.
- Use evidence to challenge assumptions, negotiate with product owners and rationalise your design decisions
- Use research and analytics to understand users needs, identify service failures and test different designs
- Champion accessibility and inclusive design across the end-to-end user journey.
- Consider the impact of new technologies and make sure that designs meet accessibility, legal and security requirements
- Are a master of your craft, eager to take on tasks you've not tried before
- Are the gatekeeper for the quality of the products you work on
- Encourage product teams to experiment with new ways of working
- See the big picture and give user/business context for design decisions
- Use past experience and knowledge to spot and resolve problems
- Up for challenging conversations if needed to get to the best product