About Kin + Carta
At Kin + Carta, we work with large, global businesses and organisations that require seamless end-to-end experiences that elevate their brands, products and services and put the user at its heart.
As part of the team you'll be working on products and services for some of the world’s most influential organisations. UX Researchers through to Product Designers work in dedicated teams, anyone who has worked at a startup or in a product company will feel right at home. We are involved from planning through to execution, being an advocate for the user at every step of the way. You'll help the team to make informed design decisions, placing the needs of the user and the business at the centre of every piece of work.
You’re primarily focused on user-centred design, applying your abilities in facilitation, user research, interaction design, information architecture and user testing – amongst others. You'll enjoy engaging with users and project partners to understand the product’s context, and synthesize your findings into easily digestible formats for your team.
About the role
We're looking for an experienced Senior User Researcher to join a multi-disciplinary agile team to help deliver rapid but great-quality experiences for users.
You will apply best practice in facilitating research interviews, usability tests and client workshops. You will plan ongoing user research programmes and define information architecture and interaction design solutions.
You will aim to continually improve the user experience and aid the user in achieving their primary outcomes simply, while always thinking about how to add delight. As a result you build trust with your clients.
You enjoy engaging with users and project partners to understand the product’s context, and synthesise your findings into easily-digestible and memorable formats for the product team.
You'll also be encouraged and supported in contributing to our Design Practice.
Designers at Kin + Carta are:
- Collaborative and ego-free, able to give and receive feedback to and from all team members regardless of role or level
- Designing, prototyping and building products and services used by people every day
- Confident using a variety of tools like Miro and are happy to learn the ones they don’t know
- Client-facing, taking an active role in the presentation of the team's latest design work
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn
- Enthusiastic about agile methodologies, and software development practices
- Actively involved in growing the design team by finding and attracting talent
- Experienced in Agile methodologies, and software development practices.
As a Senior User Researcher at Kin + Carta you:
- Are well on the way to mastering your UX design craft
- You have experience of wireframing and prototyping
- You are a champion for a user-centred approach to delivering on project objectives
- You know when to use different research methods and how to apply them correctly.
- You understand how to apply basic techniques for the analysis of research data and synthesis of findings
- You can present the clear findings of your research to the team and key stakeholders
- You are able to run workshops with clients and internal stakeholders
- You are able to work collaboratively with other designers, product design and development teams, engineers, product owners and the client
- Are eager to identify work to do and learn; focused on finding solid solutions to problems
- Contribute to the Design team by helping identify and interview great new teammates
- Assist on tasks that the Design team has identified to progress Kin + Carta’s capability
- Help create thought-leadership materials to communicate Kin + Carta’s strategic view
- Contribute to Kin + Carta’s by attending events and sharing the insights internally