About Kin + Carta
At Kin + Carta, we work with large, global businesses and organisations that require seamless end-to-end experiences that elevate their brands, products and services and put the user at its heart.
As part of the team you'll be working on products and services for some of the world’s most influential organisations. UX Researchers through to Product Designers work in dedicated teams, anyone who has worked at a startup or in a product company will feel right at home. We are involved from planning through to execution, being an advocate for the user at every step of the way. You'll help the team to make informed design decisions, placing the needs of the user and the business at the centre of every piece of work.
You’re primarily focused on user-centred design, applying your abilities in facilitation, user research, interaction design, information architecture and user testing – amongst others. You'll enjoy engaging with users and project partners to understand the product’s context, and synthesize your findings into easily digestible formats for your team.
About the role
We're looking for an experienced lead User Researcher to join a multi-disciplinary agile team to help deliver rapid but great-quality experiences for users.
You will apply, and mentor others in, best practice in facilitating research interviews, usability tests and client workshops. You will plan ongoing user research programmes and define information architecture and interaction design solutions.
You will aim to continually improve the user experience and aid the user in achieving their primary outcomes simply, while always thinking about how to add delight. As a result you build trust with your clients.
You enjoy engaging with users and project partners to understand the product’s context, and synthesise your findings into easily-digestible and memorable formats for the product team.
You’ll play a key role in developing the User Researcher craft in Kin + Carta’s growing design practice.
Designers at Kin + Carta are:
- Collaborative and ego-free, able to give and receive feedback to and from all team members regardless of role or level
- Designing, prototyping and building products and services used by people every day
- Confident using a variety of tools like Miro and are happy to learn the ones they don’t know
- Client-facing, taking an active role in the presentation of the team's latest design work
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn
- Enthusiastic about agile methodologies, and software development practices
- Actively involved in growing the design team by finding and attracting talent
- Experienced in Agile methodologies, and software development practices.
As a Lead User Researcher at Kin + Carta you:
- Are a master of your craft, enabling the team to deliver on challenges that are new to them.
- Are the gatekeeper for the quality of the work and research produced by the Design team.
- Set the UX Research and Design agenda and help plan the cadence for the whole team.
- Coach other User Researchers and Experience Designers to rapidly progress their careers and support them in their contribution to Kin + Carta.
- Help plan the careers of team members, and guide individuals to reach senior level faster than they thought possible.
- Set the strategic agenda of the Design team with the Head of Design and other design leads.
- Consistently hold others on product teams to Kin + Carta standards.
- Bring others on the journey to establish new and innovative ways of working.
- Look at the bigger picture to give the client customer context for design decisions.
- Willing to accelerate K+C's design offering through working with our sales team in creating and delivering pitches
- Understand the needs of live and prospective projects, matching them with the right Design team skills.
- Use past experience and client knowledge to be the first to spot and resolve problems and blockers before they escalate.
- You are a key point of escalation for major product issues.
- Take on challenging conversations and situations to ensure the best possible product.
- Are industry-leading in your craft and can use this to attract and retain talent.
- Support the team to represent Kin + Carta through their participation in talks, events and conferences.
- Drive Kin + Carta’s strategic vision within Design by shaping the team's goals.
- Can articulate the business benefit and impact to our clients of the UX research and design that you lead.
- Understand the importance of data analytics in providing the right solution to product problems.