About Kin + Carta
At Kin + Carta, we work with large, global businesses and organisations that require seamless end-to-end experiences that elevate their brands, products and services and put the user at its heart.
As part of the team you'll be working on products and services for some of the world’s most influential organisations. UX Researchers through to Product Designers work in dedicated teams, anyone who has worked at a startup or in a product company will feel right at home. We are involved from planning through to execution, being an advocate for the user at every step of the way. You'll help the team to make informed design decisions, placing the needs of the user and the business at the centre of every piece of work.
You’re primarily focused on user-centred design, backed by a broad knowledge of content design standards, principles and guidelines. You’re used to getting stuck in to create solutions in response to the problems, ideas and opportunities you help extract from users and partners. You drive your design decisions and rationalise them using research data, design principles, prototypes and the resulting user-testing insights. You’re most effective when collaborating with engineers, strategists and other team members to respond to the constraints of any project.
About the role
We're looking for an experienced lead content designer to join a multi-disciplinary agile team to help deliver rapid but great quality experiences for users.
You’ll play an important role for Content and Planning using your ability to design both single pieces of content to forensically outlining the content needed to support an ideal end-to-end user journey.
You’ll play a key role in developing the Content Design craft in Kin + Carta’s growing design practice.
Designers at Kin + Carta are:
- Forensic with meticulous attention to detail as well as specific and measured in approach with a focus on delivering excellence iteratively
- Analytical and curious with the ability to find the key insight in a wide range and volume of research, reports, information and data
- Skilled in presenting and able to explain complex detail in a simple, clear and compelling way
- Organised and efficient at managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Self starters who are equally comfortable working alone as well as in close collaboration with team members
- Able to confidently work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
As a Lead Content Designer at Kin + Carta you will:
- Have experience leading teams of designers, with evidence of successful outcomes for users and client stakeholders
- Be seen as an expert in your field, with the ability to challenge others and the process to ensure the highest levels of design quality and delivery
- Work with senior stakeholders and service managers to resource your teams and solve operational problems
- Strategise, create, evaluate, update and review content at all stages of the end-to-end user journey
- Manage, plan and write accessible, inclusive and high quality content in accordance with the latest Government Digital Service (GDS) Content Design guidelines and principles
- Guide teams to build and create the most appropriate ways to visualise their work in context for different audiences. You can direct the team in the creation, testing and iteration of content patterns.
- Work with the GOV.UK Design System and style guide on new and existing content patterns
- Use evidence, data and research to make content decisions including layouts, hierarchies and formats to convey accurate and easy to understand information
- Ensure user needs are placed at the heart of all content design proposals, championing the user and their overall experience
- Build relationships across multi-disciplinary, agency and government teams to focus on the needs of the user and influence stakeholders
- Work closely and collaboratively with policy teams to create accessible digital consultations