About Kin + Carta
Want to help build a world that works better for everyone? Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy that makes a difference to the billions who now work, play, shop, communicate and share online.
Join a global team of curious and diverse minds in connecting people, data and technology to produce amazing experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. Become a maker, builder or creator as we explore the possibilities of sustainable digital technology, helping clients to rapidly innovate, modernise their systems, enable their teams, and optimise for continued growth.
We focus on tech but we’re a proudly inclusive business with trust and human connection at its heart. People, the planet, and profit matter equally to us which is why we’re a certified B Corporation in the United States and Europe.
The role in a nutshell:
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be a hands-on contributor in a cross-functional team, capable of understanding and contributing to best practices. You will collaborate with your teammates to design and deliver high quality software.
You will help define how some of the world’s biggest organisations use technology to drive their businesses. You’ll share your passion and experience with those around you, allowing and encouraging your less experienced teammates to step up.
At Senior level, you’re capable of delivering high quality code with little to no supervision. Less experienced engineers will look to you for guidance in writing excellent code and implementing best practices.
What you can expect:
- You’ll join our growing team of over 60 software engineers who all share your passion for building great products
- You’ll benefit from knowledge sharing sessions across the business, such as the Web and Back-End bi-weekly practice meetings
- You’ll help to build market-leading products within a small team of cross-functional engineers
- You’ll help shape products by contributing to the overall design and development of technical solutions
- You’ll collaborate with other engineers to deliver high quality code, offering guidance to those less experienced
The type of person we’d love to meet:
- You are a highly skilled engineer, who is always looking to further your craft
- Experience working with at least one cloud provider
- Experience working with an RDBMS (e.g. MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience building web applications with Node.js and Express.js
- An excellent communicator, able to work effectively in a collaborative team
- Experience running/maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Confident working within cross-functional agile teams
- Experience building and delivering production applications
- Able to tackle challenging technical and non-technical problems with minimal supervision