About Kin + Carta
Want to help build a world that works better for everyone? Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy that makes a difference to the billions who now work, play, shop, communicate and share online.
Join a global team of curious and diverse minds in connecting people, data and technology to produce amazing experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. Become a maker, builder or creator as we explore the possibilities of sustainable digital technology, helping clients to rapidly innovate, modernise their systems, enable their teams, and optimise for continued growth.
We focus on tech but we’re a proudly inclusive business with trust and human connection at its heart. People, the planet, and profit matter equally to us which is why we’re a certified B Corporation in the United States and Europe.
The role in a nutshell:
As a Lead Fullstack Engineer, you will lead a development team to design and deliver innovative, world class software that pushes the boundaries of what we can achieve. You will also still be hands-on and willing to build and deliver awesome products.
You will research and advise on the latest software that helps Kin + Carta and our clients maintain a competitive advantage. Whether it's new tooling, new languages, voice, AI or IOT, you will have an opportunity to stay on the cutting edge: for example, using AWS lambdas running Node or scaling using Kubernetes.
At Kin + Carta, you will become a great leader in your field. You’ll be encouraged to work with others to shape Kin + Carta’s engineering propositions for new clients and grow our in-house team of experts.
What you can expect:
● You’ll join our growing team of over 60 software engineers who all share your passion for building great products
● You’ll benefit from knowledge sharing sessions across the business, such as the Web and Back-End team’s weekly meetings
● You’ll build market-leading products, typically leading a small team of cross-functional software engineers
● You’ll help shape your product’s by leading the overall design and development of the technical solution on your project, owning the technical strategy and how it evolves
● You will take part in new business & pitching by working with our demand team to advise on technical design and approach for new business opportunities
● You will help your teams by providing client & customer context for decisions, offering management and mentoring support where required.
● You’ll contribute to our continued growth by helping identify and interview great new teammates
The type of person we’d love to meet:
● You are a highly skilled engineer, who is always looking to further your craft
● Experienced in at least one modern programming language used for the development of modern cloud native applications
● You are an expert advocate of XP practices, cloud architecture and deployment automation
● Experienced with building and delivering enterprise scale applications
● Node.js - Using latest LTS and ESM modules
● Express.js - Routing, middlewares, controllers, domain driven architecture, error handling and data API
● Confident working with cross-functional, agile and continuous delivery environments
● Interested in advising or implementing practices that promote DevOps
● An excellent communicator, able to work effectively in a collaborative team
● Successful with developing and executing technical strategy and leadership
● Able to tackle challenging technical and non-technical problems independently and autonomously
● An expert and trusted adviser to the business; willing to support and mentor your team to success