As of 2022, K+C has joined forces with Melon, which has now officially become a part of Kin+Carta.
Melon is a software development company focused on building teams and delivering meaningful solutions. We have 20+ years of digital transformation consulting experience and 300+ passionate and motivated young professionals in software development offices in Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, Skopje and Prishtina.
We believe that there are three key qualities to being a good teammate: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humour, and we appreciate potential for growth.
Our global teams are agile, hard-working, supportive and friendly and we like to keep it this way.
Our team is agile, hard-working, supportive and friendly and we like to keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, here’s what you will do most of the time:
- Take active part in all stages of the software development lifecycle – analysis, estimation, documentation, developing, testing, bug fixing and support
- Work closely with both your team and the client to define, design and ship new features
- Contribute to UX decisions as well as improving the project's processes and methodologies
- Coach and guide junior developers
- Learn from your colleagues and teach them what you know
- 5+ years of professional experience building native Android apps
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Android SDK and ecosystem
- Proficiency in Kotlin
- Strong knowledge in OOP, data structures and design patterns
- Good knowledge in web-services integration and the client-server application model
- UI design best practices
- Multi-threading and memory management, specific to mobile devices
- Experience with different architectural patterns
- Good hands-on experience with Unit, Snapshot and UI Automation testing
- Commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential
- Teamwork experience
- Experience with mentoring junior developers
- Great communication skills - verbal and written
- Great command of English (reading, writing, speaking)
- Google Play Store applications that you have worked on
- Experience with databases
- Experience with background processing, Bluetooth, media processing
- Experience with setting up and maintaining CI/CD systems and pipelines
- Sense of humour
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other related fields and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience.
What we offer:
- This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
- Flexible working hours
- Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services
- Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications
- Our performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development
- Sport events, such as Biking, Basketball, Yoga, Hiking, etc., organized by different teams within the company
- Co-subvention for individual sport activities and transportation
- Refreshments and fruits at our offices
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
- The annual team building that gathers together our offices
- Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
What’s Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.