About Kin + Carta
Want to help build a world that works better for everyone? Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy that makes a difference to the billions who now work, play, shop, communicate and share online.
Join a global team of curious and diverse minds in connecting people, data and technology to produce amazing experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. Become a maker, builder or creator as we explore the possibilities of sustainable digital technology, helping clients to rapidly innovate, modernise their systems, enable their teams, and optimise for continued growth.
We focus on tech but we’re a proudly inclusive business with trust and human connection at its heart. People, the planet, and profit matter equally to us which is why we’re a certified B Corporation in the United States and Europe. With additional offices in South America, there is a place for you here wherever you’re based.
Kin + Carta is looking to hire Principal and Lead level Data Engineers to join our growing Data & AI team. If you are passionate about building valuable, innovative and inspiring data solutions with a desire to continually learn as part of a collaborative and supportive team, read on!
The role in a nutshell:
- Leading technical discoveries and helping to shape the scope, size and approach of technical implementations with our clients
- Providing leadership and guidance with data delivery teams, ensuring technical excellence and quality assurance is embedded into everything we do
- Getting hands on with proof of concepts and prototypes, helping to show our clients and teams at Kin+Carta the art of the possible
- Helping our clients pave the way for successful implementations, working with their teams to establish the correct infrastructure, networks & security for Kin+Carta teams to land and deliver at pace
- Leading the refinement of reference architectures and architectural blueprints both at a generic best practice level and in response to specific client challenges
- Keeping Kin+Carta at the forefront of technological advancements and ensuring our approach is always ahead of our competitors both in terms of what we pitch and what we deliver
- Through certification and training support the capability of your team and Kin and Carta achieve partner recognition and status.
- Leading technical elements of client pitches and responding to technical questions
- Hiring, coaching and training more more junior members of our team as we scale to meet our growing client demands over the coming years
The type of person we’d love to meet:
- Experience leading and supporting high-performing data projects and teams across a number of tech stacks and industries
- An experienced cloud engineer with a deep interest in how well crafted data architectures can improve experiences and drive better business decision making.
- Keen to shape our data capability and get actively engaged with existing and new clients and make a positive impact on our growth.
- A strong communicator, able to bring complex technical concepts to life for business stakeholders and equally convey business needs effectively to technical audiences.
- Exceptional SQL, Python and CI/CD skills, we’ll expect you to raise the bar on the quality of our work and you should be able to spin up working development environments from scratch unaided
- Preferably holds either Google or Microsoft Data related certifications and is actively studying to keep these certifications up to date
- Preferably has experience of working with Data Scientists and/or Machine Learning engineers or has a strong interest in these domains.