At Frakton, part of Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact, and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate is innovative, passionate about technology with experience working with Java frameworks, and looks to continually learn and enjoys sharing expertise. Strong verbal and written communication is a must. Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment, or in a consulting capacity is a plus.
- Building enterprise web and mobile applications.
- Working in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Partnering with top-notch designers to create award-winning user experiences.
- Participating in design and code reviews to ensure best practices and high-quality code.
- Documenting and following best practices and recommending best practices around source control, deployment, and issue tracking.
- Providing mentorship to junior engineers while also being mentored by more experienced engineers and architects to foster your career path and growth.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Gaining technical knowledge of software, hardware, and open-source technology stacks.
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 5+ years of commercial software experience
- An excellent understanding of Java 8+
- Good knowledge of OOP, data structures, and algorithms
- Understanding of Big O notation and performance analysis
- Knowledge of cloud-based services (AWS is a plus)
- Knowledge and experience in microservices and distributed systems
- Knowledge of SQL and relational data storage (at least one of MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, or other)
- Knowledge of non-relational data stores (at least one of MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redshift, Cassandra, or other)
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot
- Experience with git or other version control
- Experience working with Docker
- Good communication skills - verbal and written
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience handling large data sets
- Integration experience with third-party API’s
- Performance analysis of JVM technology
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Experience with Spring Cloud or Quarkus
- Experience with Maven/Gradle/Ant
- Experience with developing batch/streaming data processing pipelines
- Advanced knowledge in databases such as partitioning and indexing
- Knowledge of Elastic services and tools is a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
- This is a full-time position that comes with an attractive compensation
- Premium health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services in Kosovo, Albania, North Macedonia, Bosnia & Hercegovina, Serbia, Slovenia, and Croatia
- Vacation Plan
- Great opportunity for career development;
- Training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses, and certifications;
- Performance Policy that paves the roadmap for personal career development;
- Work-from-home / Remote Work, or Work in any of our Regional Offices;
- Access to e-learning platforms like Udemy, Coursera, etc;
- Refreshments at our offices;
- The annual team building that gathers together the offices from Prishtina, Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, and Skopje;
What’s key about Frakton, Part of Kin+Carta:
As of 2022, K+C has joined forces with Frakton, which has now officially become a part of Kin+Carta.
Frakton is a software development company focused on building teams and delivering meaningful solutions. We have 20+ years of digital transformation consulting experience and 300+ passionate and motivated young professionals in software development offices in Prishtina, Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, and Skopje.
We're hardworking, forward-thinking changemakers. You'll embrace new and intriguing problems with the newest technologies and a team of competent colleagues by your side. You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
Apply for this role:
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from, and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Frakton. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.