About Kin + Carta
Want to help build a world that works better for everyone? Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy that makes a difference to the billions who now work, play, shop, communicate and share online.
Join a global team of curious and diverse minds in connecting people, data and technology to produce amazing experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. Become a maker, builder or creator as we explore the possibilities of sustainable digital technology, helping clients to rapidly innovate, modernise their systems, enable their teams, and optimise for continued growth.
We focus on tech but we’re a proudly inclusive business with trust and human connection at its heart. People, the planet, and profit matter equally to us which is why we’re a certified B Corporation in the United States and Europe. With additional offices in South America, there is a place for you here wherever you’re based.
The role in a nutshell:
- Actively participate in iterative development processes focused on delivering high value outputs to clients; contributing to definition of minimal viable product, helping to size work, prioritising areas of focus and owning task completion.
- Designing, building and testing data products thats solve real problems for real users
- Designing, building and testing cloud hosted data pipelines, platforms & infrastructure
- Designing, building and testing data migrations from legacy solutions into modern cloud platforms
- Helping clients implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Helping data scientists and machine learning engineers to scale and publish their models into production
- Working with designers and business subject matter experts to help visualise insights
- Performing ad-hoc analyses of data to help organisations understand its meaning, limitations and quality
- Interfacing with clients and providing technical recommendations for building data products, platforms and pipelines
- Helping to evaluate emerging tools, applications, technologies and practices
- Working with experienced data engineers, data scientists, and data architects to develop and grow as an engineer
The type of person we’d love to meet:
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the types of experiences that we find it desirable for you to have, we recognise that Data Engineering is a growing craft and every data engineer has a different story to tell, if your story involves experience in any of the following we'd be keen to hear from you:
- Experience working with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Experience working with cloud data technologies such as Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure
- Experience working with both relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in working with message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores
- Experience in applying TDD and CI/CD approaches when building data solutions
We are also keen to hire people who may have experience in some of the following areas, this isn't essential but we do get excited when people have a little bit extra to bring to the table,
- Implementation of Single Customer View/Customer Data Platform/Master Data Management solutions that manage customer identity resolution.
- data visualisation and reporting tools like Looker, Tableau or PowerBI
- big data tools like Google BigQuery, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, or Elasticsearch
- stream-processing systems such as Storm and Spark-Streaming
- Python, Java and/or .NET, knowledge with Kotlin and Scala
- Microservice design patterns including Serverless and BFF
- RESTful APIs
- database maintenance, monitoring, and performance-tuning
- Machine Learning
- Participation in Agile / Scrum / Kanban practices
Finally, we’ll put all our data engineers through the following certifications, but if you already have them that would be great!
- Google (Professional Data Engineer)
- Microsoft (Azure Data Engineer Associate, Azure AI Engineer Associate)