About Kin + Carta Europe
Want to make the world work better for everyone? Make the move to one of the most exciting digital consultancies and showcase your craft as our Head of Product.
We were established in 2018, but have a track record that goes back several decades as a group of pioneering businesses who have joined together to create Kin + Carta.
We are thinkers, creators, makers, and builders by nature. We come to work every day to drive impactful digital business change through:
- Strategic innovation and consulting
- Creating industry-leading products and experiences that our clients and their customers love
- Undertaking large scale cloud, technology and data transformation and modernisation
- Organisational enablement and managed services
Our approach is simple. We accelerate idea-to-value by striking the ideal balance of human-centred design, Agile engineering and the realities of affecting change at scale.
We’re headquartered in London and have offices in Chicago, New York, Manchester, Edinburgh, Athens, Amsterdam and Buenos Aires.
Product is key at K+C
At Kin + Carta we believe that product is the cornerstone of great digital experiences and we are looking for a product leader to drive best practices to build the best products for our clients and their customers. As a head of product your role is both external and internal facing.
You will passionately inspire and influence our clients, prospects and the industry at large in the art of creating the right product, the science of experimentation and optimisation with the rigour of building the product right. You will help to win new business by demonstrating our credentials and thought leadership in building great products and you will also help to expand accounts by nurturing relationships with existing clients.
About the Role
- First and foremost you are a champion of digital product excellence. You know what good looks like because you’ve delivered it repeatedly and you talk passionately about it.
- You are a leader who is focussed on driving end-to-end growth for K+C ‘full stack’ product capability including product strategy, product management, product execution and delivery through to growth and optimisation.
- You evangelise and institutionalise product thinking into our experience, tech, and data capabilities to improve alignment to client outcomes.
- You have a big appetite for the digital, tech and strategy landscapes and a point of view on the future of the industry that you are happy to share to ensure that we are operating at the highest level and offering clients the best experience.
- You will lead by example and motivate others to develop thought leadership in product/innovation to increase awareness of our capabilities with clients through talks, presentations, papers, content production, etc.
- Drive external market engagement, networking and thought leadership activities to build new business opportunities.
- You use your knowledge of the digital product landscape to spot and develop new and emerging opportunities for product capability or proposition development.
Communication and engagement (
- You are confident and proactive in having conversations with stakeholders and prospects of all levels up to C-Suite.
- You proactively report on industry challenges and trends to ensure that we are operating at the highest level and offering clients the best experience.
- As a subject matter expert, you will work with the sales teams to find the right solutions for clients and help set teams up for successful execution.
- Consult and lead product engagements for exemplar engagements and key accounts.
- You help to drive new business by spending a majority of your time client facing, either pitching or consulting with senior clients to help Identify and propose solutions for key challenges and opportunities and to help shape and convert potential wins for K+C.
You will be responsible for setting the vision and strategy for the Product practice as well as the management of the practice. This includes:
- Defining/maintaining/evolving the right structure including the ideal size, mix of skill sets, levels of expertise and opportunities for career growth.
- Achieving revenue/margin targets.
- Supporting our service offerings.
- Successfully deliver on existing projects and supporting practice members to do the same.
- Supporting operations by being prepared for future demand with the right team mix and supporting the casting of team members onto projects.
- Retention and attraction of a diverse team of people within the practice.
- Line managing the senior product leads including career development and objective setting
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and looking at how that will influence the growth of the practice and craft of Product management.
- You are deeply passionate about creating great relationships with equality, empowerment and safety at their core
- You have significant experience leading & scaling high-performing product teams
- You are an established thought leader with a strong social followingPeople you work with describe you as an inspiring leader and exceptional product manager
- You are skilled in deploying situational leadership, adapting your style according to the specific needs of your team
- Happiest in a fast-paced environment but know when to balance moving fast against breaking things
- Keep the customer and the value we need to deliver for that customer at the centre of everything you and the team do
- Clear communicator and aligning others is a superpower
- Demonstrable experience of defining and leading product strategies
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional organisational skills with an ability to balance competing priorities effectively
- The ability to inspire and lead with flexibility and agility to balance multiple projects. To navigate through ambiguity and complexity to provide a clear path for your team to develop and complete their role effectively
- A growth mindset and a desire to move at pace
You belong here
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from, whoever you love, whatever you believe and no matter your age, there is a place for you at Kin + Carta. We’re powered by the diversity that shapes our best ideas and dynamic culture. We don’t believe in typical employees but want you to add your personal strengths to the collective power of our people.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an inspirational person who takes pride in quality and wants to join us in making the world work better for everyone through our commitment to philanthropy, the environment, diversity and inclusion. Get in touch to find out more.