Mid Level iOS Engineer
About Kin + Carta
About Kin + Carta Create (Europe):
At Kin + Carta Create we believe growth is built, not theorised. We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences your customers will love and technologies your business will thrive on.
Our approach is simple: Accelerate idea-to-value by striking the ideal balance of human-centred design, Agile engineering and the realities of affecting change at scale. Including new product development, service design and cloud modernisation, we take a hands-on approach to transforming our clients’ business.
The Mid-Level iOS Engineer role in a nutshell:
As a part of our Mobile (iOS) Engineering team, you will become a master of your craft working on products for some of the world’s biggest brands. You will actively contribute to a project’s engineering activities from kick-off all the way through to delivery. You will be supported in contributing to Kin + Carta Create’s Engineering culture and learn how to mentor less experienced teammates.
You will be guided in taking ownership of your work, making you integral to your project’s success and setting you up to lead the Web development within a project team.
What you can expect:
- You’ll join our growing team of 20+ software engineers who all share your passion for building great products
- You’ll build market-leading products, typically within a team of 2-3 other engineers
- You’ll help shape your product’s roadmap by taking part in all aspects of project planning and delivery
- You’ll contribute to our continued growth by helping identify and interview great new teammates
- You’ll have the opportunity to regularly share what you’ve learnt at our weekly super.init() meeting;
- The teams are encouraged to take a holistic view of your project as a whole,understanding the challenges faced by teammates within and outside of the iOS stream and using your experience to offer guidance.
- You’ll be influential in shaping our internal iOS community by evolving the way we work on a daily basis and influencing the direction of our weekly meetings.
- You’ll be integral in helping to coach less experienced teammates and help them to set their agenda and balance their workload.
- You’ll be responsible for helping to drive project planning sessions and shaping the product roadmap.
- You’ll be working wide a wide range of different stakeholders and therefore need to be able to present technical ideas clearly, with the right level of context for everyone to understand.
- You’ll be responsible for contributing to the growth of our team by evolving our hiring process and interviewing new teammates.
- Communicating with senior client stakeholders and third parties where necessary
- Being available to offer engineering support to new business demands, such as new-client pitches.
- Providing career guidance and mentoring for less experienced teammates.
The type of person we would love to meet:
- Passionate about iOS and all things mobile;
- Writing iOS apps using Swift.
- Interacting with iOS frameworks and implementing common design patterns, e.g. UIKit, data persistence, networking, concurrency, delegation, etc.
- Applying common architectural approaches, e.g. MVC, MVP, MVVM, etc.
- Proactive in finding solutions to problems they haven’t seen before;
- Collaborating to design elegant, mobile-optimised interfaces to a backend.
- Referencing Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and collaborating with designers to build a native product experience.
- Using a version control system such as Git.
- Using third party dependency management tools such as Cocoapods.
- Writing automated tests.
- Working in an Agile environment collaborating with both engineers and non-engineers.
- Applying common engineering principles, e.g. SOLID, DRY.
- Using continuous integration.
- Reviewing other people’s code and knowing when and how to suggest improvements constructively.
- Delivering high-quality work and acting as the gatekeeper for quality on your project, coaching your teammates to maintain a high quality in their own work.
- You are self-motivated, eager to identify work to do and what to learn.
- You take humble satisfaction in coaching others to succeed.
- You are excited about the opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
- You enjoy building robust solutions when faced with technical problems.
- You are happy to tackle challenging conversations in order to improve your product or ways of working.
- You ask the right questions and are keen to fill in gaps that you’ve identified in your skill set.
- You seek opportunities to share your knowledge and experience with others.
- You are eager to contribute to K+C Create’s Engineering culture and take advantage of what’s on offer.
Curious minds are nurtured at Kin + Carta through a wide range of benefits including:
Apply for this role
Kin + Carta believes in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is just a part of who we are. We empower every individual to share what matters to them, subsequently creating an environment where every person, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status, is treated as a valued member of our Kin!