About Kin + Carta (Europe):
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to building a world that works better for everyone.
As Fast Company's #1 Consultancy for Innovators (2021), our 1,600 curious minds are makers, builders and creators by nature. We come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies such as Lexus, PepsiCo and Unilever. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernise their systems, enable their teams, and optimise for continued growth.
We're now building Kin + Carta Greece, our first fully fledged hub in mainland Europe with an ambition to become the best tech place to work in the next 5 years. We're looking to scale our operations with curious minds that share our values. In all our offices across Europe, South America, and Singapore, and as a Certified B Corporation in the United States, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet, and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to be part of this journey, collaborating with our international teams, on global clients to deliver the brilliant work that makes a real difference on the issues that matter. Learn more here: https://www.kinandcarta.com/en
The Senior Quality Engineer role in a nutshell:
Kin and Carta Europe are looking for a talented Senior Quality Engineer to help us build and evolve our test team and test strategy across an exciting range of projects. We hire passionate, dedicated testers who love to explore and question every step of the software development lifecycle in an open environment.
At Kin and Carta Europe we believe that quality is core to everything we are involved with. We believe collaboration, empowerment, and communication are the key contributors to success. We feel that having the ability to be open and honest about the quality of what we work on is fundamental to the robustness and reliability of the products we create.
If you want to learn and grow in a supportive environment whilst doing your best work then read on...
What you can expect
- To be a dedicated advocate of delivering quality software, and supporting your colleagues in doing the same
- Be involved in innovating and defining how the products we build will work and function
- Building and collaborating with successful Agile teams
- Bringing new ideas that challenge and improve what we do at Kin and Carta, and for our clients
- Empower and build the test team, its culture, and practices
- Coaching team members and peers from across the organisation on quality best practices
- An environment passionate about learning, growth, and autonomy
The type of person we would love to meet should possess:
- A breadth of experience in a Testing role or similar, ideally 5+ years
- Leading and evolving your team’s approach to testing and provide mentoring and support for other members in the team
- You’re brave enough to take on tough conversations and manage client expectations
- Experience testing and debugging web and mobile applications
- Using a combination of exploratory and context-driven testing to ensure quality from start to finish
- Applied experience using testing tools: Charles, Postman, PAW, Swagger etc
- Experience with Agile methodologies, and able to proactively identify ways to continuously improve ways of working
- You’ve had experience using Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) collaboratively
- Understanding of CI/CD and what a effective pipeline looks like
- You can navigate complex projects, identify and surface risks and steer the team towards building great software
- You have a shift left mindset: you collaborate with the whole team to ensure quality is “designed in” from the start
It's nice (but not essential) if you have some of these:
- Experience with coaching, line management, or any formal mentoring is a huge plus
- Any experience with backend/API testing
- You’ve worked across a range of industries: finance, healthcare, transport, eCommerce, etc
- You’re involved with the wider testing community
- You’re comfortable using GIT, command line, used sandbox or created locally generated builds (i.e with XCode & Android studio)
Kin + Carta is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity knowing that we’re most effective when we embrace different backgrounds, different lived experiences, different attitudes.