Want to make the world work better? Make the move to one of the planet’s most exciting digital agencies and showcase your craft as a Senior Developer.
And do you want to be part of something special? If you haven’t heard of Kin + Carta yet then you will very soon. We were only established in 2018 but have a track record that goes back several decades as a collection of pioneering businesses who have joined together to create a unique offering that’s winning the biggest pitches and developing a better place to work.
You belong here
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from, whoever you love, whatever you believe and no matter your age, there is a place for you at Kin + Carta. We’re powered by the diversity that shapes our best ideas and dynamic culture. We don’t believe in typical employees but want you to add your personal strengths to the collective power of our people.
As a Senior Developer, you will often be taking the lead role in scoping and delivering web based projects on primarily Episerver or c#/.net based applications in a fast paced agency environment.
You will predominantly be coding the back end of high volume high resilience websites written in c# using Episerver for brand name clients, working alongside and as a key part of cross disciplinary teams.
It is likely that you will be working on both new and existing projects which often require complex integrations with third party systems on the client and the server side, meaning that an eye for detail and the ability to understand a large/distributed ecosystem is critical.
You will be responsible for writing code whilst also supporting the wider team by sharing your skills, knowledge and experience.
What are we looking for from you:
- You’ve worked as a senior or lead on web-focused, c#/.net based projects for a few years now, with many successful projects under your belt that you’ve learned from.
- You have recent multi-year experience using Episerver CMS, ideally on DXC using Azure Devops.
- You’ve made mistakes, learned from them and are passionate about helping others learn and how to avoid making the same mistakes.
- You understand best practices on engineering and build with a security-first mindset.
- You’re familiar with best practices for distributed systems integration and performance
- You engage in and lead discussions within the team, other parts of the business and with clients, respectfully and articulately.
- You have worked with the Atlassian stack (Jira, Bamboo, Bitbucket).
- You are confident in using git for source control (including gitflow)
- You are confident with building with tools such as gulp, grunt and webpack.
- You’re as happy working on existing codebases as well as greenfield projects
- You understand the Front End web stack and can assist if necessary.
- You have a solid understanding of web application security
What extra experiences we’d be very happy if you had:
- You have worked with Episerver commerce
- You have current Episerver CMS or Commerce certifications
- You have worked on sites which have multiple language & localisation requirements before
- You have experience with Node JS
- You have experience with other programming languages (c++/java/python/perl etc).
- You have experience with headless content management systems and how to interact with them.
- You have had some exposure to cloud hosting technologies (Azure, AWS, Heroku).
- You have a solid understanding of web architectures, tools and technologies that typically form a digital estate.
- You have worked on high volume high scalability solutions.
- You’ve been working on responsive web deliveries that function across devices and browsers with an eye for implementing designs and understanding the constraints of devices and the browser.
- You have a good understanding of semantic markup and the DOM.
- You are confident and proven in delivering scalable CSS, you use SASS but also understand the core fundamentals of CSS
This is a brilliant opportunity for an inspirational person who takes pride in quality and wants to join us in making the world work better for everyone through our commitment to philanthropy, the environment, diversity and inclusion. Get in touch to find out more.
Location: Any UK location (willing to travel to Manchester, Liverpool or london office min every 3 months)