About Kin + Carta Europe
At Kin + Carta Europe we believe growth is built, not theorised. We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences your customers will love and technologies your business will thrive on.
Our approach is simple: Accelerate idea-to-value by striking the ideal balance of human-centred design, Agile engineering and the realities of affecting change at scale. Including new product development, service design and cloud modernisation, we take a hands-on approach to transforming our clients’ business. We’re headquartered in London and have delivery offices in Chicago, New York, Edinburgh, Amsterdam and Buenos Aires.
About As Office Administrator, you will be working alongside the Office Experience Manager, based at our Edinburgh HQ in Quay House. The role is part time - four half-days per week and on a 3 month Fixed-Term Contract. Exact days and hours will be set but may be negotiable on hire. You provide a positive and friendly company image by acting as the first line of contact to staff, visitors, clients and vendors in person, online and via telephone; undertaking administrative tasks to ensure everyone has the support they need to work efficiently. You’re self motivated and trustworthy, making on the spot decisions and prioritising work effectively. You’ll be working within a people-first technology company which is scaling rapidly and will provide a fast-paced, exciting work environment.
The European Office Management team are:
- Passionate about creating a great work environment
- Proactive and able to work at a fast pace to keep up with company tempo
- Team players who thrive when working with others in a multi-functional team
- Actively involved in K+C life, ensuring our culture is promoted and kept alive through everything we do
- Excellent communicators, to each other and the wider company
- Environmental Champions - we strive to minimise out environmental impact in everything we do
- Approachable, sociable and always have time for people
- Fun! We love what we do and enjoy working with each other and those around us.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Good team-working skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to the office’s changing workloads
- A problem-solving approach to work
- Managing Reception to ensure visitors have the best first impression
- First point of call for all enquiries via telephone and in person
- Managing Covid-related building entry duties: registration, track & trace details etc
- Assist staff whenever necessary via FreshService, Slack or in person
- Managing meeting room bookings & restocking of supplies/refreshments
- Manage general correspondence by answering phone, emails and sorting mail
- Maintain facilities; kitchens on each floor, ensuring groceries are ordered and distributed each week, fridges are cleared and everything is tidy; bathroom and shower rooms stocked with toiletries and clean towels weekly; drinks fridge full for weekly meeting
- You are self-motivated, eager to identify work to do and want to learn
- You are sociable, approachable and always willing to help
- You are an admin whizz
- You have unwavering enthusiasm for people and the company
- You have high emotional intelligence and are able to read situations
- You have magical creativity, always think outside the box and bring new ideas
- You have unreasonable optimism
- You are eager to contribute and promote K+C’s culture and ways of working
Kin + Carta Europe believes in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is just a part of who we are. We empower every individual to share what matters to them, subsequently creating a culture where every person, regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status, is treated as a valued member of Kin + Carta Europe!