About Kin + Carta Create (Europe):
At Kin + Carta Create we believe growth is built, not theorised. We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences your customers will love and technologies your business will thrive on.
Our approach is simple: Accelerate idea-to-value by striking the ideal balance of human-centred design, Agile engineering and the realities of affecting change at scale. Including new product development, service design and cloud modernisation, we take a hands-on approach to transforming our clients’ business.
The Lead Engineer role in a nutshell:
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will lead a development team to design and deliver innovative, world class software that pushes the boundaries of what we can achieve. You will also still be hands-on and willing to build and deliver awesome products.
You will research and advise on the latest software that helps Kin + Carta Create and our clients maintain a competitive advantage. Whether it's new tooling, new languages, voice, AI or IOT, you will have an opportunity to stay on the cutting edge: for example, using Azure Spring Cloud or scaling using Kubernetes.
Although as an Engineering community we take a technology agnostic approach and have backend engineers on projects delivering value across a number of technology stacks, we are currently seeing a high level of demand for specialist Java engineers and as such are focusing on that skill set, however an openness to usings the right tools for the job is needed. There will be opportunities to skill up in new technologies and this is something that the person we are looking for should be excited about.
At Kin + Carta Create, you will become a great leader in your field. You’ll be encouraged to work with others to shape Kin + Carta Create’s engineering propositions for new clients and grow our in-house team of experts.
As one of our first Engineering hires in Greece, we would be looking to you to help set us up for success in the region, establishing ways of working with distributed delivery teams, creating a culture of technical excellence and helping to build a community of like minded engineers across regions.
What you can expect:
- You’ll join our growing team of software engineers who all share your passion for building great products
- You’ll benefit from knowledge sharing sessions across the business, such as the Web and Back-End team’s weekly meeting
- You’ll build market-leading products, directing a program of work across a number of Java based Pods (3-5 engineers)
- You’ll help shape your program by owning the technical strategy and how it evolves, setting the best practices for the teams to follow, reviewing architecture decisions and helping the engineering teams grow as new pods are added to the program.
- You will take part in new business & pitching by working with our demand team to advise on technical design and approach for new business opportunities
- You will help your teams by providing client & customer context for decisions, offering management and mentoring support where required.
- You’ll contribute to our continued growth by helping identify and interview great new teammates
The type of person we would love to meet:
- You are a highly skilled engineer, who is always looking to further your craft
- You have Experience delivering Microservices in Java with Spring boot and are able to set the best practices for the use of those tools and technologies at a program level.
- You are an expert in Microservice architectures, patterns and best practices and are able to set the direction for the implementation of Microservices at a program level.
- You have experience with Azure and understand the tools and services offered by Azure and how to use them to build and maintain a complex application.
- Experienced with building and delivering enterprise scale applications
- Confident working with cross-functional, agile and continuous delivery environments
- Interested in advising or implementing practices that promote DevOps
- An excellent communicator, able to work effectively in a collaborative team
- Successful with developing and executing technical strategy and leadership
- Able to tackle challenging technical and non-technical problems independently and autonomously
- An expert and trusted adviser to the business; willing to support and mentor your team to success
Kin + Carta Create believes in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is just a part of who we are. We empower every individual to share what matters to them, subsequently creating a culture where every person, regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status, is treated as a valued member of K + C!