About Kin + Carta Create (Europe):
At Kin + Carta Create we believe growth is built, not theorised. We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences your customers will love and technologies your business will thrive on.
Our approach is simple: Accelerate idea-to-value by striking the ideal balance of human-centred design, Agile engineering and the realities of affecting change at scale. Including new product development, service design and cloud modernisation, we take a hands-on approach to transforming our clients’ business.
The Mid-Level Web Engineer role in a nutshell:
As a part of our Web Engineering team, you will become a master of your craft working on products for some of the world’s biggest brands, such as Visa, TFL and Santander. You will actively contribute to a project’s engineering activities from kick-off through to delivery. You will be supported in contributing to Kin + Carta Create’s Engineering culture and learn how to mentor less experienced teammates.
You will be guided in taking ownership of your work, making you integral to your project’s success and setting you up to lead the Web development within a project team.
What you can expect:
- You’ll join our growing team of circa 10 Web Engineers and a total of 91 engineers (Android, iOS, Back-End, Web) company wide, who all share your passion for building great products
- You’ll benefit from knowledge sharing sessions across the business, such as the Web and Back-End team’s weekly meeting
- You’ll build market-leading products, typically within a team of 3-5 other engineers
- You’ll help shape your product’s roadmap by taking part in all aspects of project planning and delivery
- You’ll contribute to our continued growth by helping identify and interview great new teammates
The type of person we would love to meet:
- You have a good deal of experience of writing web applications using common good-practice programming patterns and know why such approaches are important.
- Having a working knowledge of modern web application frameworks like Nuxt, React, Vue.js or Svelte is a great bonus.
- You have a great understanding of managing application state, side-effects and network communication methods.
- If you've got a good working knowledge of tools like Redux, GraphQL or MobX - it'd put your application in a good state
- You are confident working with source control systems, modern code production tooling & pipelines
- We'd love to work with people who feel at home with the likes of Webpack or Rollup and other CI/CD tools working with the big cloud service providers.
- You are self-motivated, eager to identify avenues for improvement and always want to learn new things.
- You are excited about the opportunity to work on a variety of projects presenting a wide range of different challenges.
- You enjoy problem solving and building robust solutions within complex technological situations.
- You're not afraid to ask questions and are keen to fill in gaps that you’ve identified in your skill set.
- You seek opportunities to share your knowledge and experience with others.
- You are eager to contribute to K+C Create’s wider Engineering culture and take advantage of the great opportunities that are on offer.