Kin + Carta Create (Europe)
Kin+Carta is a global digital transformation business comprised of over 1600 people. We make the journey to becoming a digital business tangible, sustainable, and profitable. Our mission is to create the products, platforms, and services that make the world work better.
Kin+Carta is made up of three core pillar brands; Advise, Create and Connect and we have established presences in Europe and the Americas. At K+C Create Europe we have a mature business – trusted by leading organisations – that creates quality digital solutions delivered by cutting edge software design and engineering. Whilst we operate regionally, we are globally connected and leverage the K+C group network to continuously create the best design, engineering and business practises. The whole of which are responsive to technology trends and market needs in this ever changing digital landscape.
About our Design team
As part of our 20 strong design team you'll be working on products and services for some of the world’s biggest brands. We are involved from planning through to execution, becoming an ever-present advocate for the user. You'll help the team to make informed design decisions, placing the needs of the user and the business at the centre of every piece work.
You're primarily focussed on user experience design, applying your abilities in facilitation, user research, interaction design, information architecture and user testing – amongst others. You'll enjoy engaging with users and project partners to understand the product’s context, and synthesising your findings into easily-digestible formats for your team.
About the role
As an Experience Designer you'll be critical to every project you are on; able to draw on your breath of knowledge of user experience design principles and research methodologies to influence and lead many of the project's design decisions. You'll also be mentoring other designers, both in day-to-day project activities and as part of more formal career development across the Design team.
All designers at K+C Create are:
- Confident using Sketch, Keynote, Adobe Suite and prototyping tools of your choice.
- Keen to be client-facing, supporting the presentation of their latest design work.
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn, through books, articles, meet-ups etc.
- Naturally collaborative, ego-free and able to give and take design critique constructively.
- Familiar with agile methods and terminology, and/or general software dev environments.
- Actively involved in growing the team by finding and attracting design talent.
- Designing, prototyping and building products used by people every day.
As a Senior Service Designer at Kin + Carta you will:
- Understand service design theory and know how to apply it
- Break down complex problems into structured components and visualise them clearly
- Plan and execute system mapping, customer journeys, scenarios and service specifications
- Lead the design and implementation of services, including the orchestration of a variety of different physical and digital touch points
- Contribute to research activities, and lead research efforts when needed
- Zoom out, to view experiences holistically
- Lead requirements gathering and prioritisation sessions
- Define and create value propositions
- Plan, design and facilitate workshops and always follow up with synthesising and communicating the outputs of the workshops
- Create service experience concepts and prototypes
- Clearly storyboard service experiences
- Create and guide others in producing service design deliverables, such as user archetypes, jobs to be done, service blueprints and other experience maps, KPI/KEI models, roadmaps, among others.
- Lead engagements by providing the client and team with direction, guidance, and support
- Manage client relationships
- Identify account growth opportunities where appropriate
- Enhance clients’ understanding of service design, design thinking, and human-centred design approaches
Applying for the role
Please share examples of your work as PDFs or online case studies with your application. We’re interested in the activities you go through as you research, test and present your thinking and conclusions. For example; use of data, interviews, workshops, sketches, concepts, flows, experience maps, prototypes etc. ‘Finished’ visual designs are not the only focus here. All supplied examples will be handled in complete confidence.