Kin + Carta Create (Europe)
Kin+Carta is a global digital transformation business comprised of over 1600 people. We make the journey to becoming a digital business tangible, sustainable, and profitable. Our mission is to create the products, platforms, and services that make the world work better.
Kin+Carta is made up of three core pillar brands; Advise, Create and Connect and we have established presences in Europe and the Americas. At K+C Create Europe we have a mature business – trusted by leading organisations – that creates quality digital solutions delivered by cutting edge software design and engineering. Whilst we operate regionally, we are globally connected and leverage the K+C group network to continuously create the best design, engineering and business practises. The whole of which are responsive to technology trends and market needs in this ever changing digital landscape.
About our Design team
As part of our 20 strong team you'll be working on products and services for some of the world’s biggest brands. We are involved from planning through to execution, becoming an ever-present advocate for the user. You'll help the team to make informed design decisions, placing the needs of the user and the business at the centre of every piece work.
You're primarily focused on human-centred design, backed by a broad knowledge of design patterns, iconography, typography and colour theory. You're concepting and visualising solutions in response to the problems, ideas and opportunities you help extract from users and partners. You drive your design decisions and rationalise them using research data, design principles, prototypes and the resulting user-testing insights. You're most effective collaborating alongside engineers, strategists and other team members to respond to the constraints of any project.
About the role
As a Product Designer at K+C Create you'll be critical to every project you are on; able to draw on your breadth of knowledge in design to influence and lead many of the project's design decisions. You'll also be mentoring other designers, both in day-to-day project activities and as part of more formal career development across the Design team.
All designers at K + C Create are:
- Confident using Sketch, Keynote, Adobe Suite and prototyping tools of your choice.
- Keen to be client-facing, supporting the presentation of their latest design work.
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn, through books, articles, meet-ups etc.
- Naturally collaborative, ego-free and able to give and take design critique constructively.
- Familiar with agile methods and terminology, and/or general software dev environments.
- Actively involved in growing the team by finding and attracting design talent.
- Designing, prototyping and building products used by people every day.
As a Product Designer at K + C Create, you:
· Are well on the way to mastering your product design craft.
· Deliver high quality work on time, and help others on your team do the same.
· Set your own agenda, with some direction from seniors and your product team peers.
· Are using and mastering the K+C Create principles and agile ways of working.
· Are an important part of your product team and consistently deliver value.
· Are excited about new opportunities offered on projects and products.
· Are eager to identify work to do and learn; focused on finding solid solutions to problems.
· Contribute to the Design team by helping identify and interview great new team mates.
· Assist on tasks that the Design team has identified to progress K+C Create's capability.
· Help create thought-leadership materials to help communicate K+C Create's strategic view.
· Contribute to K+C Create by attending events and sharing the insights internally
How to apply for the role
Please share examples of your work as PDFs or online case studies with your application. We’re interested in the activities you go through as you research, test and present your thinking and conclusions. For example; use of data, interviews, workshops, sketches, concepts, flows, experience maps, prototypes etc. ‘Finished’ visual designs are not the only focus here. All supplied examples will be handled in complete confidence.
About Kin + Carta Create
As a company, we know it is important to acknowledge the effort our people put in - which is why we have a great range of benefits in place, which increase as people grow and develop within K + C Create. It is one of the many ways we ensure we say thank you, and has lead to us ranking as 'Outstanding' in the independent Best Companies Index and as UK’s Top 25 fastest growing companies. If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, apply now.
Kin + Carta Create believes in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is just a part of who we are. We empower every individual to share what matters to them, subsequently creating a culture where every person, regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status, is treated as a valued member of K + C Create!