About Kin + Carta Create (Europe):
At Kin + Carta Create we believe growth is built, not theorised. We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences your customers will love and technologies your business will thrive on.
Our approach is simple: Accelerate idea-to-value by striking the ideal balance of human-centred design, Agile engineering and the realities of affecting change at scale. Including new product development, service design and cloud modernisation, we take a hands-on approach to transforming our clients’ business. We’re headquartered in London and have delivery offices in Chicago, New York, Edinburgh, Amsterdam and Buenos Aires.
The Lead Engineer role in a nutshell:
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will lead a development team to design, develop & deliver innovative, world class software that pushes the boundaries of what we can achieve. You will also still be willing and capable of being hands-on with the process and technologies involved to deliver awesome solutions to interesting problems.
You will research and advise on the latest technologies & techniques in order to help Kin + Carta Create and our clients maintain a competitive advantage. Whether it's new tooling, new languages, innovative interfaces, AI or IoT, you will have an opportunity to stay on the cutting edge.
At Kin + Carta Create, you will become a great leader in your field. You’ll be encouraged to work with others to shape Kin + Carta Create’s engineering propositions for new clients and grow our in-house team of experts.
What you can expect:
- You’ll benefit from knowledge sharing sessions across the business, such as the Web and Back-End team’s weekly meeting
- You’ll build market-leading products, typically leading a team of 2-6 other software engineers, and working closely alongside our client’s own people across various disciplines
- You’ll help shape your product’s by leading the overall design and development of the technical solution on your project, owning the technical strategy and how it evolves
- You will be given the option to take part in acquiring new business through pitching by working with our demand team to advise on technical design and approach for new business opportunities
- You will help your teams by providing client & customer context for decisions, offering management and mentoring support where required.
- You’ll contribute to our continued growth by helping identify and interview great new teammates
The type of person we would love to meet:
- You are a highly skilled engineer, who is always looking to further your craft
- You have commercial experience working with one or more of the major web application frameworks, preferably React or Vue
- You are an expert advocate of XP practices, cloud architecture and deployment automation
- You’ll have a strong understanding of common architectural patterns (such as MVC, Redux), state management, management of side effects, common frameworks and networking best practices
- Experienced with building and delivering enterprise-scale applications
- Confident working with cross-functional, agile and continuous delivery environments
- Interested in advising or implementing practices that promote DevOps
- An excellent communicator, able to work effectively in a collaborative team
- Successful with developing and executing technical strategy and leadership
- You are excited about the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, including those which might stretch beyond your past areas of experience
- Able to tackle challenging technical and non-technical problems independently and autonomously
- An expert and trusted adviser to the business; willing to support and mentor your team to success
- You are eager to contribute to Kin + Carta Create’s Engineering knowledge & culture while also taking advantage of what’s on offer
Kin + Carta Create believes in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is just a part of who we are. We empower every individual to share what matters to them, subsequently creating a culture where every person, regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status, is treated as a valued member of Kin+Carta!