About Kin + Carta Create (Europe):
At Kin + Carta Create we believe growth is built, not theorised. We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences your customers will love and technologies your business will thrive on.
Our approach is simple: Accelerate idea-to-value by striking the ideal balance of human-centred design, Agile engineering and the realities of affecting change at scale. Including new product development, service design and cloud modernisation, we take a hands-on approach to transforming our clients’ business. We’re headquartered in London and have delivery offices in Chicago, New York, Edinburgh, Amsterdam and Buenos Aires.
The Experience Designer role in a nutshell:
As Experience Designer you'll be able to confidently contribute to a project’s research and design activities from kickoff through to delivery. We'll pair you with other designers on projects, to both complement your skill-set and help you develop. You'll also be encouraged and supported in contributing to our Design team’s discipline..
Designers at Kin + Carta are:
- Designing, prototyping and building products used by people every day.
- Confident using Sketch or Figma, Keynote, Adobe CC suite and a variety of prototyping tools.
- Client-facing, supporting the presentation of the teams latest design work.
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn.
- Collaborative and ego-free, able to give and receive feedback to and from all team members regardless of role or level.
- Experienced in agile methodologies, and software development practices.
- Actively involved in growing the team by finding and attracting talent.
As an Experience Designer at Kin + Carta you:
- Are well on the way to mastering your UX design craft.
- Champion a user-centred approach to delivering on project objectives.
- Bring experience in a range of user research methods, from qualitative and quantitative methods, within different stages of the design process, including discovery and build.
- Know when to use different research methods and how to apply them correctly.
- Understand how to apply basic techniques for the analysis of research data and synthesis of findings.
- Can show evidence of your wireframing and prototyping skills (design solutions).
- Can present clear findings of your research to the team and key stakeholders.
- Are able to run workshops with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Deliver great work on time, and help others on your team do the same.
- Are excited about new opportunities offered on projects and products.
- Are eager to identify work to do and learn; focused on finding solid solutions to problems.
- Assist on tasks that the Design team has identified to progress Kin + Carta’s capability.
- Help create thought-leadership materials to communicate Kin + Carta’s strategic view.
- Contribute to Kin + Carta’s by attending events and sharing the insights internally.
Applying for the role
Please share examples of your work as PDFs or online case studies with your application. We’re interested in the activities you go through as you research, test and present your thinking and conclusions. For example; use of data, interviews, workshops, sketches, concepts, flows, experience maps, prototypes etc. ‘Finished’ visual designs are not the only focus here. All supplied examples will be handled in complete confidence.
Kin + Carta Create believes in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is just a part of who we are. We empower every individual to share what matters to them, subsequently creating a culture where every person, regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status, is treated as a valued member of Kin + Carta!