About Kin + Carta Create (Europe):
At Kin + Carta Create we believe growth is built, not theorised. We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences your customers will love and technologies your business will thrive on.
Our approach is simple: Accelerate idea-to-value by striking the ideal balance of human-centred design, Agile engineering and the realities of affecting change at scale. Including new product development, service design and cloud modernisation, we take a hands-on approach to transforming our clients’ business. We’re headquartered in London and have delivery offices in Chicago, New York, Edinburgh, Amsterdam and Buenos Aires.
The Senior Experience Designer role in a nutshell:
As a Senior Experience Designer you will provide guidance to teams and push all our designers to produce work of exceptional quality that they are proud of. You'll be ambitious and passionate about the research and design roles in product development. You’ll shape our approach by strategically developing and scaling the team to enable great work. Reporting to the Head of Design you will be given the autonomy, visibility and opportunity to make your mark on how we solve complex design briefs and grow the team, whilst also remaining hands-on across projects at Kin + Carta.
What you can expect:
As a Senior Experience Designer you'll be critical to every project you are on; able to draw on your breath of knowledge of user experience design principles and research methodologies to influence and lead many of the project's design decisions. You'll also be mentoring other designers, both in day-to-day project activities and as part of more formal career development across the Design team.
As a Senior Experience Designer you:
- Set the agenda and tempo for more junior members of the Design team.
- Coach other designers, accelerating their careers and Kin + Carta contribution.
- Help define the strategic agenda of the Design team and its role at Kin + Carta.
- Set the standards for the product and Design teams in best practice.
- Are master of your craft, eager to take on tasks you've not tried before.
- Are the gatekeeper for the quality of the products you work on.
- Encourage product teams to experiment with new ways of working.
- Explore new ways of getting to ideas, bringing them to life and sharing them.
- See the big picture and give user/business context for design decisions.
- Are keen to present your own thinking, ideas and design work at pitches.
- Use past experience and client knowledge to spot and resolve problems.
- Are up for challenging conversations if needed to get to the best product.
- Represent Kin + Carta publicly by participating in talks, events and conferences.
Applying for the role
Please share examples of your work as PDFs or online case studies with your application. We’re interested in the activities you go through as you research, test and present your thinking and conclusions. For example; use of data, interviews, workshops, sketches, concepts, flows, experience maps, prototypes etc. ‘Finished’ visual designs are not the only focus here. All supplied examples will be handled in complete confidence.
Kin + Carta Create believes in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is just a part of who we are. We empower every individual to share what matters to them, subsequently creating a culture where every person, regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status, is treated as a valued member of Kin + Carta!