We’re proud to announce that Shereen Barros, Kin + Carta’s Head of Diversity and Inclusion, was honored as a finalist for the Head of Diversity of the Year DIVA Award by DIVA Magazine, the world's leading magazine for LGBTQIA women and non-binary people.
The DIVA Awards were founded in 2017 by publisher Linda Riley, a trailblazer for LGBTQIA visibility. Linda’s also been a part of founding the European Diversity Awards, British Diversity Awards, Lesbian Visibility Week and the Rainbow Honours. Most notably, receiving the accolade for Trans Ally at Trans In The City 2021. The DIVA Awards, specifically, look to the future of queer visibility and celebrate the changemakers that make the world a better place for everyone.
In her role as Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Shereen is responsible for the delivery upon Kin + Carta’s IDEA strategic program, which is guided by five ambitions:
- Kin + Carta teams are as diverse as the populations in the regions in which the firm operates.
- People are paid equitably for equal work.
- Employees feel as if they can bring their authentic selves to work.
- IDEA is a sustainable and ingrained part of how Kin + Carta does business.
- Kin + Carta is an IDEA leader in the technology community.
Most recently, the IDEA program introduced three new global policies meant to ensure our Kin feel included and able to be their authentic selves. These included our Travel for Medical Care, Medical and Surgical Leave and Transitioning at Work policies.
Access the full list of finalists here.