At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
User Experience Director
Location: Argentina Remote
Kin + Carta is on the lookout for a talented UX Director to join our team. This multifaceted role combines user experience strategy and design, team coaching, client interaction, and contributing to our business growth through the Design craft.
The User Experience Director leads our most complex and innovative projects, creating connected brand experiences and services. It’s important for this role to understand the behaviors and needs of the consumers for which we’re designing.
The work includes digital strategy and interaction design across any touchpoint - web, mobile, social, tablet, in-store, and emerging platforms. The User Experience Director monitors our projects from the very start. They oversee interdisciplinary teams through research, strategy development, concepting, product definition, and design.
This role will be a strategic experience owner, a team player, and a skilled client partner all rolled into one. The ideal candidate will be decisive and excited to lead their team forward - someone who will never tire of pushing the work to be better. A naturally curious person that looks to learn from and apply the best design processes, that keeps on the bleeding edge of technology innovation, and is obsessed with bringing the user’s voice in at every opportunity.
In addition to project work, the User Experience Director will help to shape the User Experience practice, manage and mentor other designers and researchers, play a major role in business development and represent K+C externally at speaker events and in written publications. If you're an experienced UX Director looking for a dynamic opportunity to make a substantial impact, we invite you to apply and become an integral part of our design team at Kin + Carta.
- Facilitate workshops with various teams and stakeholders
- Create interactive experiences that are useful to users and promote our client’s businesses
- Conduct interviews, competitive research, design explorations, and strategic analysis
- Identify key ideas to drive projects and how to implement them in multiple channels
- Provide deliverables including prototypes, proof of concept documents, wireframes, user flows, use cases, and user scenarios
- Present various aspects of the user experience to development teams and clients
- Track and monitor progress on development and quality of the experience
- Identify and understand the client business context, demands, and opportunities
- Coach and mentor teams and clients to best apply Human-Centered design principles
- Comfortable and open to providing and receiving feedback while knowing how and when to defend design choices
- Collaborate closely with the Client Leadership team
- Able to lead multiple work streams simultaneously
- Able to assess landscape/client temperature and navigate ambiguous situations
- Regularly recommends project plans, team models and team staffing for sales
- Can accurately predict future outcomes and prepare actions accordingly
- Inspires confidence in and can lead client to the next step of the process
- Ensures best practices help to align teams for delivery success.
- Career path development for team members
- Partner with leaders in the organization
- Champion a culture of versatility to encourage team members to broaden their skills
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 10+ years experience in User Experience Design
- Experience creating amazing interfaces, large-scale websites, or applications and pushing the boundaries in interaction design
- Experience practicing a data-driven approach to Experience Design
- Experience leading interdisciplinary teams in designing experiences and services that balance innovation, user value, and technical and operational viability
- Experience interfacing with teammates and stakeholders across departments, anticipating the needs, concerns, and inputs.
- Experience working directly with senior and enterprise-level clients
- Strong presentation style and visual communication skills—you should be excited about your work and know-how to spread that enthusiasm
- Experience managing and leading a team of designers
- Experience in professional services, consulting services, or solution selling
- Work experience with a global or corporate organization
- Advanced proficiency in English
- An empathetic servant leader mindset
- Exceptionally organized and able to switch between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in underlying interactive technologies, such as web and mobile
- Experience contributing to and building a successful business
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong people management with evidence of driving progress and decisions from teams that have both direct and indirect reporting lines
- Experience in market growth and expansion strategies
- Experience in account management and growth
- Experience in the building and navigating relationships at the executive-level inside large enterprises
- Experience in and understanding of the digital transformation market
- Comfortable in a highly matrixed organization environment
- Ability to drive decisions and alignment in a matrix environment
- Stellar interpersonal and organizational skills
- Desire to bring the best out of people and create high performance teams
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. We build digital solutions that connect people, data and technology for some of the world’s most influential companies. As a Certified B Corp, we are committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, and our triple bottom line focus of people, the planet and profit.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply for this role
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Kin + Carta. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.