At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth; for leadership; for big, world-changing impact; and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone, starting with our Kin. We’re proud of:
DevOps Platform Engineer
Location: Colombia Remote
Kin + Carta is looking for a DevOps Engineer with an IT Operations background to join our Connective Digital Services team. This is a new position at Kin + Carta, and you’ll be helping to service our internal organization and run our managed services client platforms.
- Documentation of functional and technical requirements of systems and infrastructure.
- Define CDS infrastructure policies, procedures, and standards in the deployment and implementation of systems and applications.
- Provide on call duties for Kin and Carta managed services clients
- Management and maintenance of global KC infrastructure services
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Experience in working for a managed services provider
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment with individuals locally and distributed globally
- 3+ years experience as a System Administrator, DevOps Engineer, or similar with operational service experience in at least one Cloud environment (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- AWS/Azure/GCP Infrastructure Management
- Experience supporting on prem infrastructure (VMWare ESXi, Cisco/Meraki Switching being 3 examples)
- Release Management Experience
- Infrastructure As Code management and creation using Ansible / CloudFormation / Terraform
- Experience with configuration/cluster management technologies including Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, ansible, vagrant
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (Cloud Watch, Azure Monitor, Google Cloud Monitoring)
- Cloud Security fundamentals, covering cloud security concepts, access control, data encryption and network security, WAF, IAM etc
- Scripting - PHP, Python, Bash, PowerShell (1 required)
- Experience working with NTP, SAML, OAUTH2 or Active Directory
- Solid understanding of Linux and Windows OSE’s
- Experience with supporting servers that run NODE.js, PHP, Python, HTML, SCSS, JS, Apache, Nginx, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, IIS, JREs, various processes
- Thorough understanding of Networking, Firewalls, DNS
- Proactive inclination to break down complex problems into steps that drive value
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Certifications in Google (Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer) or Microsoft (DevOps Engineer Expert)
- Providing DevOps Support for internal and external clients with varying infrastructures
- Documenting processes and infrastructure
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. We build digital solutions that connect people, data and technology for some of the world’s most influential companies. As a Certified B Corp, we are committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, and our triple bottom line focus of people, the planet and profit.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply for this role
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Kin + Carta. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.