At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
Cloud-Native Application Architect
Department: Software Engineering
Kin + Carta is seeking a Cloud-Native Application Architect who is ready to help shape our architecture practice and make an impact on the firm’s growth. You are a passionate and curious application architect with a history of working with varied enterprise technologies, and leading development efforts of large-scale systems. You have a broad level of skills in architecting and designing solutions for various types of applications that can include mobile, web, integration of middleware, databases & data warehousing , front-end technology & framework, security, and cloud infrastructure.
- In this role, you will often simultaneously excel in the role of:
- An expert: a technologist deep on cloud-native development, able to swoop in to provide guidance and/or fix difficult issues
- An organized planner: a senior technical leader, able to diagram a plan, lead a meeting, and guide a team forward
- A coach: a champion for their team, but also someone who cares enough to give feedback that helps their team grow
- An innovator: someone who is excited to advocate for new applications of current technology that can create a path and paint a picture of forward-looking solutions for our diverse clients
- You will lead by mentoring and inspiring technical leads and engineers on proven development practices, patterns, and techniques.
- You will advise and advocate on building technical roadmaps, defining modern enterprise architecture, and guide teams to delivery of solutions that regularly meet or exceed client expectations
- Architect complex cross project/cross platform enterprise solutions based on business requirements
- Consult clients in business process, analysis, design, service delivery and direction, leveraging latest technology trends
- Analyze existing enterprise architecture (including legacy) and develop migration plans to new architectures
- Apply your technical vision and experience with software design patterns to create elegant, scalable, and resilient solution architectures
- Implement controls to ensure your solution will stand tall against real-world conditions
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Experienced in designing/architecting complex applications and systems, building backend applications, event driven systems, containers, Kubernetes, data modeling, and modern engineering practices
- Recent hands-on experience (Java) and the ability to jump in to code with the team as needed
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- 7+ years experience working with or working knowledge of OOD and OOP
- 3+ years of experience of using design patterns and data structures to guide engineers to apply best practices in a varied technology stack
- 3+ years of experience working with cloud-based infrastructure, systems, and application architecture
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of developers
- A demonstrated command of cloud-native, microservices-based architectures
- An understanding of security/access control, scalability, durability high availability, resilience, and concurrency patterns
- Experience with cross-platform and application migration strategies
- Professional Level Architect Certifications in AWS, Google, Microsoft, or Pivotal are preferred
- An understanding of networking concepts particularly relevant to application stacks (subnets, VPC’s, load balancers, ingress and egress control, IAM permissions, and API’s) is preferred
This is a full-time position. The salary range offered for this position is $140k-$175k annually, depending on experience.
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 2,000 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their authentic selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Hard work deserves big rewards. Joining us means you’ll be able to enjoy a wide range of benefits aimed at mind, body, spirit and enhancing your career.
Apply for this role
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Kin + Carta. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.