Kin + Carta is hiring a Product Owner to join our global Salesforce platform team and use the platform to help drive our internal digital transformation. If you are passionate about business process design, unlocking the power of data to drive business decisions, and love making users’ lives easier by automating things, read on!
Regional Product Owner
Location: US Remote
You will work alongside the Business Process Office team, the Global SalesForce team, as well as a cross functional team from casting, finance, demand & delivery to unify two regional instances of Salesforce into one, to support our global business.
As the Force Lead for our Americas region, you’ll be the lead and main point of contact for Salesforce for the Americas on an ongoing basis.
Success here will be dependent on immersing yourself in the 2 regional businesses and understanding the differing commercial & delivery models. Alongside the Business Process Office, you will co-run workshops with demand, delivery, ops & finance teams & support them in simplifying and harmonizing processes & business rules. You will be responsible for requirements specification, clarification and prioritization, working closely with the teams to reach agreement on how the harmonized processes will be enabled within the system.
- Working collaboratively with the casting, finance, demand and delivery teams to translate process changes into product requirements
- Own and maintain the product backlog, leading on the definition, documentation, and communication of product requirements for all role types and functional areas working with each of the Salesforce Product Owners
- Ensure user stories and acceptance criteria accurately describe the agreed solution to be developed.
- Own the product strategy, ensuring User Experience is heavily considered to increase usage and adoption
- To escalate decisions where agreement cannot be reached
- Lead on acceptance of unit testing of individual requirements supported by subject matter experts, ensuring adequate representation from each discipline
- Coordination of UAT feedback from K+C Americas stakeholders
- Work closely with the Business Process Office and the Business Empowerment Team to establish the new governance and RACI for Salesforce within K+C Americas, including designation of Super Users
- Work closely with the Transformation Delivery Lead on the process for training, rollout and communications, execute on Change Management plans
- product strategy — understand and drive the holistic big picture of how the region of the Americas uses the Salesforce System
- backlog management — creates, prioritizes, and socializes the regional product roadmap, backlog, and priorities
- alignment — drives alignment with external stakeholders and Salesforce system product owners
- influence — influences the backlog and priorities of our internal Salesforce Development Team working in collaboration with the System Product Owner
- impact awareness — vets system changes for impact to the region
- optimization — set the pace of continuous improvement for the region
- compliance — drive specialism compliance to Force policies, standards, and best practices
- onboarding — ensure new/departing regional employees are appropriately onboarded/offboarded on the Salesforce platform.
- audit — audit business rules to make sure they’re still relevant and providing value
- data quality — maintain data quality for the region
- security — design the system roles for the region and manage or approve access changes with the support of users
- user acceptance testing — perform or delegate UAT related to the region
- communications — create and radiate relevant Salesforce updates to the user base for the region
- change management — manage changes within the region to drive adoption and continuous improvement
- training — provide region specific training and training content to those who need it
- reporting — generate reports as needed for the region
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Passion for the Salesforce platform and awareness of its potential
- 3+ years of experience managing complex products
- 3+ years of experience improving business operations experiences related to finance or accounting
- 2+ years of experience in successful enterprise-wide deployments of large scale systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- 1+ years of experience directing the investment of an enterprise-wide platform or product from concept through to production
- 1+ years of experience managing products using Agile principles
- Certified FinancialForce ERP Implementation Consultant
- Certified FinancialForce PSA Implementation Consultant
- Salesforce Trailhead Badges
- Outstanding written and verbal English skills
- A desire to work collaboratively as part of a high-powered team
- Empathy for end users and stakeholders, and a desire to provide excellent service
- Enthusiasm for Digital Transformation, and helping users unlock the power of data and automation
- Ability to write fantastic user stories that an Agile team can deliver efficiently
- Experience making and using reports to drive business outcomes
- Understanding of Data Governance
- Experience in business operations such as talent management and forecasting, project management, utilization management, revenue management and forecasting, accounting
- Experience in consulting
- Master Degree in Business Administration
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 2,000 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their authentic selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply for this role
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Kin + Carta. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.