At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
DevOps Platform Engineer
Location: Colombia Remote
Department: Software Engineering
Kin + Carta is looking for a DevOps Platform Engineer with a system engineering and development background to join our growing team in our Cloud Native Practice. This is a new position at Kin + Carta, and you’ll be helping to continue building out this client offering.
- Take responsibility for technical design, deployment, monitoring and ongoing support and maintenance of a diverse set of cloud & containerization technologies. The role is a technical, hands-on opportunity with a heavy focus on automation, resilient design and deployment of cloud-ready systems and services.
- Collaborate with Product teams internal and external to EAIS to provide world class products and services in support of our application development community and our business as a whole. In this position, you’ll be responsible for the full-stack engineering and support of products that support our hybrid cloud and container platform capabilities.
- Lead the design, build and maintenance of modern container platform for hybrid clouds that support Agile teams.
- Partner with key stakeholders as a platform champion for cloud-native systems and coach on how to use platform capabilities effectively through appropriate venues.
- Drive continuous improvement of cloud & container products and capabilities through internal user groups and external market research.
- Collaborate/Communicate efforts and align development efforts with planned Roadmaps.
- Provide system support as part of a support rotation with other team members.
- Perform root cause analysis, alternate solution evaluation.
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 4+ years of experience in application or platform development, consulting or related field using OpenShift/Kubernetes, Docker/CRI-O, & Knative running on public cloud providers such as AWS.
- In lieu of education, 6+ years of experience in application or platform development, consulting or related field.
- Ability to visualize and document architecture/design topology
- Understanding of tools such as Github/Chef/Ansible/Terraform/Vault/Shell
- Understanding of CI/CD, infrastructure engineering concepts
- General understanding/expertise with Security
- Past experience of Cassandra, Gemfire will be a plus
- Knowledge of emerging trends, ability to recommend solutions and define future state of architecture
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines utilizing Jenkins/Harness
- Experience with cloud providers like AWS preferred
- Experience supporting or developing software leveraging OpenShift, Kubernetes, and Docker, Kubernetes Operators.
- High proficiency in bash or python scripting
- Experience and knowledge in Test Driven Development
- Experience with programming languages like Go lang and consuming web services as RESTful APIs.
- Experience working with one or more tools like Sysdig, Elastic Search, Filebeat, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, AppDynamics is a plus.
- Customer centric with a strong drive to make the developer experience as seamless and efficient as possible.
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 2,000 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their authentic selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply for this role
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Kin + Carta. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.