At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
Financial Services Industry Lead- Director, Strategy & Innovation
Location: US Remote
The Strategy + Innovation Service Line is composed of agile business leaders, design-minded corporate strategists, product leaders, and data experts. Our multi-talented team members constantly think about ways to generate value by framing/reframing problems, creating structure from ambiguity, unearthing and defining opportunities, commercializing new concepts and ventures, charting paths for growth, and building the operational structures necessary for our clients to succeed.
A Strategy & Innovation Director focused on Financial Services will serve as the Vertical Lead and subject matter expert. Candidates for this role should be intellectually curious, highly analytical, and creative problem solvers who help sell the work, do the work, and make our work better.
In this role, you will lead engagements; provide strategic guidance to large, cross-functional teams; contribute to thought leadership; build and maintain high-level client relationships; identify and pursue opportunities with clients; and serve as leaders and mentors within Kin + Carta. Most critically, you will be responsible for leading project teams of consultants and analysts with various skill sets to: design and develop commercially practical business strategies, operating models, and digital transformations for corporate clients.
Successful candidates excel at: verbal and written communication, structuring problems and conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, providing big-picture strategic leadership, and presenting to senior client executives.
- 30-50% Billable Client Work / 50-70% Go-to-Market Strategy & Execution
- Be a subject matter expert on Financial Services and continually evaluate new market trends and develop a point of view to make strategic recommendations to our current and potential clients, including C-Suite executives
- Define and prioritize the intersection of industry trends or problems and client personas to focus go to market efforts
- Develop and deliver briefings and presentations on key trends and opportunities within the industry
- Create accelerators and assets to increase the value that we provide to our clients
- Adapt K+C’s standard offerings to suit the particularities of the industry and individual client situations
- Develop industry introduction training to get new-to-industry Kin quickly up to speed
- Guide our clients to experience the best that K+C has to offer
- Lead client projects during the strategy phase (from ideation to roadmap) and support programs during the delivery / build phase
- Oversee the formulation of hypotheses and drive analytical rigor
- Build, maintain and own relationships, at all stages of a client lifecycle
- Independently identify, develop and drive new business opportunities with existing clients
- Take an active lead in developing proposals, helping to identify and bring in new client opportunities
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 10+ years of experience in strategy consulting, strategy within a company, or business line leadership
- Clear subject matter expertise in Financial Services
- Strong command of analytical rigor and mastery of quantitative capabilities, including experience with financial analysis, business strategy, and operating model design and implementation
- Experience managing multi-faceted projects, and demonstrable grit for driving excellence and achieving long term goals
- Strong communication and listening skills, clear storytelling ability, and the ability to persuade and influence others
- Comfortable, effective, and articulate when presenting to senior leadership and clients
- Impeccable organizational skills and extraordinary focus on work quality and attention to detail
- Strong emotional intelligence; ability to easily engage with colleagues, clients, and prospects
- Skilled with shortcuts and advanced features in MS Office and Google suite applications, including but not limited to pivot tables, etc.
- Comfort and familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Prior strategy or digital strategy consulting experience is strongly preferred, as well as industry experience
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 1,700 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply for this role
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Kin + Carta. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.