At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
Location: US Remote
The Data Practice at Kin + Carta focuses on time-to-value by leveraging a pragmatic, iterative approach to release the “potential energy” stored within our clients’ data. Our typical projects include data strategy, streaming & analytics, strategy & build, machine learning, intelligent customer experience, customer 360 transformation, data platform modernization, and connected experience data strategy. Kin + Carta’s user first approach, and Data-as-a-Product mindset, has won the hearts and minds of our Fortune 500 clients.
The ideal Data Architect for Kin + Carta is passionate about Data & Applied AI, looks to continually learn, and enjoys sharing expertise. Strong verbal and written communication are a must. Experience working in an Agile development environment, or in a consulting capacity is a plus.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing cloud-based data systems on modern technology stacks, from requirements gathering to production
- Providing thought leadership relating to Data Engineering and Data Platform strategy
- Partnering with the business leaders and stakeholders on go-to-market strategy, specifically by providing a technical perspective
- Building relationships across our clients and prospects for their buy-in for data related initiatives
- Partnering with leadership on workforce strategy decisioning for hiring, promotions and transitions
- Helping to advance the data culture including mentoring, inspiring, developing talent and helping to expand technical skills within K+C and our clients
- Advising data engineers and technologists, as required by the target architectures, to align with business priorities and their continued mentoring and coaching
- Curating solid training programs & content to continuously develop our technical workforce
- Defining the standards of excellence for technical delivery on client projects so that the team has a framework for success
- Hands-on engineer who can create implementations and POCs, as much as leading others to do so
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM
- 7+ years of experience as a part of a data management/engineering team
- Has led teams of 3 or more data engineers
- 4+ years of experience with cloud-based data solutions (on Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or Amazon Web Services)
- 4+ years of database experience - relational & non-relational, with multiple SQL dialects
- Proficiency in data modeling and design, data migration architecture across databases
- 3+ years experience architecting big-data platform solutions including
- data storage patterns
- data processing for ETL & orchestration (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Databricks, Airflow)
- data warehouse (BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake)
- data reporting and visualization (PowerBI, Tableau)
- data applications and services
- Experience with implementing processes for data governance, privacy (GDPR & CCPA regulations) and data security
- Functional and Object-Oriented programming experience including Java, Python, Scala, or equivalent
- Exposure to Data Science concepts, methodologies, and tools
- Owned and created strategy for data and application platforms
- Experience with agile frameworks; primarily Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
- Natural communicator who can adjust their style to match the audience
- Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to senior leadership, gain alignment, and drive progress
- Has managed data product teams building data products for internal and/or external customers
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 1,700 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply for this role
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Kin + Carta. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.