At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
AEM Technical Lead
Location: US Remote
Department: Software Engineering
Kin + Carta is hiring an AEM Technical Lead, who is innovative and passionate about the AEM platform, and web content management in general. The AEM Tech Lead role is designed to be client-facing while also leading and supporting the internal development team that includes an AEM Architect, senior and junior AEM developers. Working with the account director, the AEM Tech Lead serves in a leadership role, guiding the engagement to successful completion. The ideal candidate has demonstrated leadership experience, looks to continually learn, and enjoys sharing expertise. Strong verbal and written communication are a must. Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment, or in a consulting capacity is a plus.
- Design, develop, and implement enterprise systems as part of a complete software product lifecycle, leveraging the AEM platform.
- Responsible for managing and motivating team members to deliver value to clients.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Adobe AEM platform and all of its constituent parts, including content management, commerce, digital asset management, analytics, etc..
- Provide insight and effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders to demonstrate how Adobe’s AEM platform can be leveraged to meet client business demands on new and existing projects.
- Contribute to strategic planning meetings and provide guidance and expertise on system options, risks, and impacts.
- Design and optimize business processes and integrate those processes across disparate systems.
- Be able to start right away in an agile environment and create solutions for common questions/concerns on this type of platform and others in the future.
- Engineer custom solutions for clients in a variety of industries and within varied business models.
- Manage technical scopes and client expectations.
- Learn, analyze, and apply new technologies quickly to implement technical deliverables as well as be aware of emerging technologies and how they might impact future design decisions and strategic directions.
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Experience leading complex Adobe AEM implementation projects from design (architecture) through implementation and delivery for consulting clients
- 5+ year experience developing J2EE web applications.
- 3+ years of experience in implementing Web application, Web Content Management (WCM) and Digital Asset Management (DAM) solutions using AEM platform.
- 3+ years of Technical Leadership experience
- Experience in AEM component development, workflow development and integrating AEM with other applications.
- Expertise in AEM and associated technologies like Sling, OSGI, Felix, Jackrabbit, JCR, CRX.
- 2+ years of experience working in multiple development methodologies (Agile, Kanban, XP, Waterfall)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Contribute to the AEM CoE
- AEM Certification (preferred, not required)
- Experience with working with Adobe Cloud implementation
- Experience with other web technologies like Search, XML, XSL etc.
- Experience with Java technologies and frameworks mainly Spring, Hibernate.
- A desire to learn and share your knowledge
- Previous experience delivering products in an Agile environment
- Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Being proactive and willingness to learn, develop and adapt
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 1,700 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply for this role
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Kin + Carta. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.