Kin + Carta is seeking a Senior Full Stack Java Engineer to join our Cloud Engineering Practice.
Senior Full Stack Java Engineer (Contract)
Location: New York
- Consulting with Fortune 500 clients in order to build enterprise-grade cloud-native applications
- Develop and maintain full-stack solutions; front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database, and DevOps development to fit business needs
- Supporting team members in order to deliver products to market in an efficient manner
- Partnering with top-notch designers to create award-winning user experiences
- Bridging the gap between elegant front-end design and existing enterprise backend architectures
- Mentoring less experienced engineers to foster their career path and growth
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of experience working with or working knowledge of JDK 11+
- 3+ years of experience working with or working knowledge of OOD and OOP
- 3+ years of experience working with or working knowledge of web services
- Strong level knowledge of Java and Java web applications
- Exposure to modern software practices such as TDD, CI/CD, etc
- BS in Computer Science, or a related field
- Strong understanding of modern Spring frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Services, etc)
- Previous experience delivering products in an Agile environment
- Experience developing enterprise applications that support high traffic volumes
- Working experience with microservice architectures
- Working experience with public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Working experience with modern web application frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS, etc) is also a plus
- Certifications in Google (Associate Cloud Engineer, Professional Cloud Developer) or Pivotal (Pivotal Certified Developer Java, Spring Professional) is preferred
- Previous experience leading a team
- Previous consulting experience
- Previous exposure to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Hard work deserves big rewards. Joining us means you’ll be able to enjoy a wide range of benefits aimed at mind, body, spirit and enhancing your career.
Apply for this role
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Kin + Carta. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.