Kin + Carta is seeking a User Experience Discovery and Validation Researcher to join our UX Department. The ideal candidate will be analytical and have a proven ability to lead investigative conversations. If you are passionate about getting clients closer to their customers - read on!
User Experience Researcher
Location: US Remote
Department: User Experience Research
What we are looking for in you
- You are excited and passionate about immersing yourself in the customer’s environment and searching out new opportunities to improve their experience.
- You are able to speak to the value of research and “sell” stakeholders on a comprehensive research plan.
- You are skilled at creating discussion guides and leading open-ended, contextual conversations to help generate answers to key questions as well as discover what the team didn’t know they didn’t know.
- You have experience crafting and leading UX research using both qualitative and quantitative research methods and analysis. You are proficient in a variety of UX research methods and tools, including rapid experimentation, prototyping, usability testing (remote and in-person), ride-alongs, journey mapping, card sorting, prototyping, user interviews, usability testing, persona development - and know how/when to advocate for different methods.
- You’re able to manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently.
- Proven ability to collaborate with designers to realize human-centered designs based on your understanding of HCI fundamentals.
- Working closely with a development and design team is something you have done and enjoy.
- You are an advocate for the user. You’re passionate about uncovering pain points and delights in a digital interface, as well as helping to solve difficult user experience problems based on your research.
- You are able to effectively articulate issues and concerns to team members and clients as well as work to strategize potential solutions.
- Experience working in a consulting capacity, specifically in a client-facing role is a plus.
- You have a passion for FinTech, IoT, or other emerging tech enterprise verticals
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Journalism, or related field.
- Any design experience is a plus however we are looking for a UX researcher first and foremost.
What you can look forward to in the job
- Your work at Kin + Carta matters. The research you do here will have a direct impact on the client projects on which you’re engaged. The designs you help inform will be seen and used by thousands of people every.
- Taking a client’s vision from conception to completion and delivery. In addition, you’ll be a trusted advisor on the digital experience they will provide to their customers.
- You will work with some of the brightest, most talented UX’ers around - you’ll learn something new daily, and we would like to learn from you.
- Crafting research plans and discussion guides, conducting end-user interviews, synthesizing and analyzing research feedback, and developing lean documentation to keep your team focused on the user.
- You’ll work closely with designers for our innovative digital application product suite.
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply for this role
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Kin + Carta. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.