Kin + Carta is seeking a Junior Software Engineer to join our incoming Kin Accelerator Program. This Junior Software Engineer will complete a training curriculum designed to prepare them for work with our clients. Upon completion of the curriculum, this junior software developer will help develop new software for internal and external (client-facing) projects across various Mobile, Web, Cloud, and AI technologies. Successful candidates will be self-motivated and hardworking with strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to multitask and prioritize. This cohort will be starting November 2021.
The Kin Accelerator Program is a curriculum designed for new college graduates looking to start a career in digital technology consulting. The Junior Software Engineer curriculum is split into 3 tracks:
Core Curriculum: This discipline-agnostic track, covering agile best practices, customer experience driven design, consulting 101, and other core knowledge areas, will introduce students to working in digital product consulting and put students on track for a successful career at Kin + Carta.
Junior Software Engineer Curriculum: These courses will upskill Junior Software Engineers in their role on agile delivery teams. Content in this track will be specific to the responsibilities of a Software Engineer.
Practical Experience: With support from senior leaders in digital product consulting, the junior engineers will join teams working with one of Kin + Carta’s top clients, applying what they learned during the Core and Functional curriculums to deliver value on a real project.
- Consulting with Fortune 500 clients in order to build enterprise-grade cloud native applications
- Attending intensive workshops and trainings on technologies such as Java, Spring Boot, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, and other cloud native development skills
- Building enterprise Java, Data, AI, and frontend applications
- Gaining technical knowledge of software, hardware and open source technologies
- Learning about and working within Agile processes like Scrum and XP
- Learning about enterprise-grade development practices like TDD, pair programming, Swagger, and CI/CD
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Demonstrable experience programming, from classwork, personal study and projects, or past internship(s)
- Experience working with object-oriented or functional programming languages like Java or Python
- Interest in consulting
- Recent graduate in Computer Science, or a related field or technical bootcamp
- 2+ years of experience (inclusive of internships and upper level college courses)
- Curious and quick learner – you enjoy working with emerging technology and are always on the lookout for what’s next
- Great communication skills and finds enjoyment when given the opportunity to work on a team
- Detail-oriented and thorough; you are constantly looking to improve and push your boundaries
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask in dynamic environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic – you are a proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a high-energy, rapidly growing environment
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.