The ideal Technical Project Manager for Kin + Carta is innovative, and passionate about collaborating with the worlds most cutting edge players in the technology space. This person looks to continually learn, and enjoys sharing their expertise. Strong verbal and written communication in this role are a must. Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment, or in a consulting capacity is a plus.
Technical Project Manager
- Lead clients through project development cycle
- Lead cross-functional delivery teams to deliver on-time and on budget
- Lead multiple projects concurrently
- Lead project research as needed
- Conduct requirements gathering and providing technical insights
- Writing stories with acceptance criteria and technical specifications
- Consult with clients on a product's customers, vision, goals and value
- Consult with clients on what to build when and why
- Research and collaborate to define appropriate solutions and technologies as needed
- Define and maintain product roadmaps
- Define business rules, processes, and workflow
- Define requirements, test cases, demos and release notes
- Responsible for quality, costs, revenue, and timelines for projects as assigned
- Lead communications with clients and stakeholders
- Collaborate and interview to fill staffing needs for projects as assigned
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 5+ years experience as an project owner, manager, consultant or related role
- Experience as a consultant with direct relationship with clients
- Experience leading software development teams
- Experience with data platforms (SQL, other databases, etc.), Cloud Platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience with Agile/Lean development methodology
- Experience with Lean Product Development
- Former developer or engineer turned project/ product leader
- Previous consulting experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience leading developers and designers
- Experience with Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience working in or with businesses in a variety of verticals
This is a full-time salaried position. The salary range for this role is $175K-$210K depending on experience.
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. As a digital transformation consultancy, we help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams, and optimize for continued growth. We apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s most influential companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Hard work deserves big rewards. Joining us means you’ll be able to enjoy a wide range of benefits aimed at mind, body, spirit and enhancing your career.
Apply for this role
Kin + Carta believes in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is just a part of who we are. We empower every individual to share what matters to them, subsequently creating an environment where every person, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status, is treated as a valued member of our Kin!