Cascade Data Labs is a boutique consulting agency (operating as part of Kin + Carta) with end-to-end experience helping Fortune 500 companies form and execute their analytics strategy and infrastructure. Though traditionally specialized in hiring, developing, and deploying talent in data science, analytics, and engineers, Cascade is maturing it’s data product development practice and is looking for full-stack software developers to assist in creating interactive web applications which simplify business decisioning processes, as well as productizing it’s most resonant client offerings to date.
Full Stack Software Developer — Cascade Data Labs
- Minimum 2 years professional software development experience (5 preferred)
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Collaborative coding skills
- Experience designing systems that scale reliably
- Experience with testing and validation
Preferred Frontend Skills
- Experience creating design and mockups for stakeholder feedback
- Solid understanding of desktop + mobile UI / UX best practices
Preferred Backend Skills
- Proficiency in API design (REST/GraphQL) and library development
- Proficiency with Python
- Database design with strong ability in SQL
- Proficiency with Docker/*nix Command line
- Performance-tuning: threads, processes, async vs sync tradeoffs
- Experience with backend web frameworks
Preferred Additional Skills
- Algorithms and data structures
- Portfolio of web-app development work
- Experience with CI/CD development
- Project lead experience in requirements gathering, project vision, and timelining/roadmapping
Note that Cascade Data Labs has been recently acquired by Kin + Carta
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Hard work deserves big rewards. Joining us means you’ll be able to enjoy a wide range of benefits aimed at mind, body, spirit and enhancing your career.
Apply for this role
Kin + Carta believes in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is just a part of who we are. We empower every individual to share what matters to them, subsequently creating an environment where every person, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status, is treated as a valued member of our Kin!