Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Kin + Carta operates under an organizational model called “The Connective,” a global ecosystem of over 1,600 technologists, strategists, and creatives. Together, the Connective provides full-service capabilities for not only our clients but for employee experience and mobility.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes Kin + Carta a recognized best place to work.
Kin + Carta is looking for a Full-Stack Automation Test Engineer to consult clients through every stage of the SDLC and STLC and to modernize the way our clients approach quality. The ideal Full-Stack Automation Test Engineer for Kin + Carta is innovative, passionate about testing with strong automation experience, looks to continually learn, and enjoys sharing expertise. Strong verbal and written communication is a must. Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment, or in a consulting capacity is also a must.
What you will be doing
- Being a champion for quality best practices and industry trends
- Managing expectations and providing guidance for client stakeholders
- Building trust and strengthening relationships with client contacts
- Developing automated test scripts, test plans, and test cases
- Executing automated test plans
- Maintaining and executing existing automation scripts
- Participating in functional testing
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the client solution and deliverables
- 1-5 years of experience writing automated tests or developing features including but not limited to writing and executing web application automated tests and automated API tests
- Proficient with building front-end automation tests using Selenium
- Proficient in building automated tests for APIs (RestArrured or GraphQL)
- Proficient coding in Java
- Highly motivated self-starter, a team player who works well on cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical skills and ability to portray information in a logical and well-organized manner
- Proven record of developing strong, positive relationships with the software development team, especially developers and business analysts
- Proficiency with one of the following web services tools: Postman or RestSharp
- Experience writing tests in Espresso or XCUITests
- Experience writing tests for mobile applications using Appium
- Good understanding of, XML, JSON structures
- Experience working with clients and fostering strong relationships
- Experience maintaining and adjusting CI/CD testing pipelines
- Intermediate level SQL language expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field is a plus.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.