Kin + Carta is seeking a User Experience Designer to help us design amazing experiences from our Office for our Fortune 500 clients and their customers. If you’re passionate about emerging tech and have a deep understanding of human-centered design and interaction design read on!
At Kin + Carta, we provide great design through a few key principles. We Instill Confidence for a more confident user, we Reduce Complexity to make experiences feel easy, and we Provoke Delight because we don’t just design for usability, we aim to create experiences that people love.
As a User Experience Designer at Kin + Carta, you’ll be in charge of for leveraging UX research insights, communicating your ideas visually, designing concepts for interactions, understanding and organizing complexities, promoting modern interaction design patterns and best practices, and working with cross-functional teams to build and test your digital experiences.
As a reliable advisor to our clients on their digital experiences, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on their understanding and implementation of design practices. While partnering with our other experts in design, research, software engineering, quality assurance, technical architecture, and product strategy, you’ll learn something new daily, and we hope to learn from you, too!
- Producing wireframes and prototypes for mobile apps and websites.
- User interface and graphic design for mobile apps and websites.
- Business as usual application updates and support.
- You’ll have a chance to create designs for our innovative mobile application product suite.
- Your work at Kin + Carta matters. The design work you do here will have a direct impact for our clients and will be seen and used by thousands of people everyday.
- Taking a client’s vision from conception to completion and delivery and being a trusted advisor to them on the digital experience they will provide end users.
- You will work with some of the brightest, most talented UX’ers around - you’ll learn something new daily, and we would like to learn from you.
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Proven ability to create user-centered design based on your knowledge of HCI fundamentals
- Well knowledge of platform's guidelines: iOS and Android.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator).
- You are excited and passionate about new and well-designed mobile apps and technologies.
- You’re able to manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently.
- Working closely with a development team is something you have done and enjoy.
- You are a designer who always puts the client first. You’re passionate about solving difficult, user experience problems in the simplest, most elegant way.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- You are able to effectively articulate user experience issues and concerns and overall design principles to team members and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Art/Design or related field.
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.